Pandora in the car

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
can anyone elaborate on this for me? If my car connection uses the dock connector, app audio won't play in car? I would have to hook it up through the headphone jack?

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
any idea if it plays through an Apple av cable?

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
If the av cable is a 3.5" stereo headphone jack on both sides, then yes. If not, then no.
I was thinking of the cable that allows you to output video to a tv.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I just tested, and it works through the line out on my dock. So it seems a dock connection can work. So the Apple av cable should work.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
So, you got a dock connector in your car, and you can play Pandora through that?
no...the dock that connects it to my computer has a line out. Pandora plays through there.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
the dock that came with the iPhone. Has a line-out in back. Plugged the headphones in there and it played fine.
Oh that's the v1 dock. So why not just plug your headphones straight into the iPhone itself? :)

And back to the original topic, as far as I know IN the car you'll need a cord with 3.5" stereo jacks on both sides with a car stereo that accepts that kind of connection.

In my car (2009 Acura TSX), whenever I plug in the dock connector it goes straight to the iPod portion of the iPhone. I wouldn't even know how to even bring Pandora up.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Oh that's the v1 dock. So why not just plug your headphones straight into the iPhone itself? :)

And back to the original topic, as far as I know IN the car you'll need a cord with 3.5" stereo jacks on both sides with a car stereo that accepts that kind of connection.

In my car (2009 Acura TSX), whenever I plug in the dock connector it goes straight to the iPod portion of the iPhone. I wouldn't even know how to even bring Pandora up.
right... And this is not the iPhone 3G forum. And my point was that since the audio can play through the Apple dock, then it could possibly play through another dock. How is that off topic. There are some dock connectors that do not take control of the phone.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Parrot MKI 9200 does it!

Streams pandora over the car stereo.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've got a Belkin car unit that charges and passes audio on my V1 using Pandora just fine.