Pandora rebooting iPhone

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Pandora keeps rebooting my iPhone 3G . it has happened twice . i click the app and boom Apple symbol comes up and iPhone is in reboot mode for like 20 secs. anyone having this problem?

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
I had that happen to my Touch as well. I just shut down and rebooted my self and it seemed to fix it.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Several apps are causing spontaneous reboots on launching them, or during using them. I've had this occur more than once with OmniFocus and Twitterific and others.

Think this is more a 2.0 firmware flakiness issue, rather than issue with individual apps ...

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Several apps are causing spontaneous reboots on launching them, or during using them. I've had this occur more than once with OmniFocus and Twitterific and others.

Think this is more a 2.0 firmware flakiness issue, rather than issue with individual apps ...
Well, in my experience the only times my iPhone has rebooted was when entering CERTAIN applications. So, we don't know if it's the app, 2.0 or both. But, the apps that are associated with rebooting seem to be ones that are video intensive (MLB), sound intensive (Pandora) or just UI intensive (reQall).

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Pandora gave me major trouble last night. So much I had to restore my phone, I believe I would stay clear of Pandora until it is fixed. :sick:

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
i have been using Pandora heavily all day. I have had to reboot my phone 4 times to get Pandora to un-freeze itself. Even with this though, I LOVE this app. Hands down, one of the best.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Well, in my experience the only times my iPhone has rebooted was when entering CERTAIN applications. So, we don't know if it's the app, 2.0 or both. But, the apps that are associated with rebooting seem to be ones that are video intensive (MLB), sound intensive (Pandora) or just UI intensive (reQall).
We don't know clear answers yet, and probably never will. But there are definitely apps that are not video or sound intensive (like OmniFocus and Twitterific) that are causing lots of people issues / crashes / reboots. And there are tons of web reports of general instablity, lagginess and latency on typing etc with this firmware.

My feeling is certainly that there OS-level problems here, not just a handful of badly behaving apps ...