Pandora shutting down?

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
there is an interesting article in the boygeniusreport.com stating that Pandora may shut down in the near future due to increased royalties. Hope this does not happen. I love this app

iChristian

Bronze
May 28, 2008
If Pandora shuts down I will be devastated. Its one of my favorite if not my favorite app.

miggs1310

Bronze
Jul 29, 2008
man, I really hope this isn't true....

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
it sounds like its true... unless Pandora starts charging all of their customers enough to cover the royalties...

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
If Pandora is in jeopardy because of "royalties," then last.fm could be next, then AOL Radio, then Tuner... when does it end?

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
Well aol radio is in bed with CBS, so I'm guessing any legal issues have been dealt with already.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I just read about this. I've been starting to use Pandora a lot on my iPhone and will miss it if they do shut down. I wouldn't mind paying for the app, though - I wonder if they can make even money to keep going of they start charging (though my guess is no since I'm sure the royalties can be very high)...

LAPTOP GAMER

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
This is stupid, why do they have to pay royalties when FM radio doesn't? or why can't they just advertise like FM radio does then?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Pandora may be alive after all. Just noticed there are ads now so maybe this influx of income will keep it going. Tried several of my bookmarks and it seems to be Best Buy Mobile and there is an X that will make the ad go away.:cool:

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Pandora is a free internet radio application. You select a band to play, and Pandora will identify selections over the internet tracks that share common features.

I received an email today from Pandora. Apparently, Pandora has been hard at work with Congress to get some legislative relief. The email was asking Pandora subscribers to contact their Senators to get them off their arses. Certainly hope that our lame duck politicians haven't spent themselves debating a $700 billion dollar bill that in no shape or fashion will enhance our Pandora experience.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Pandora has already been nixed in europe... happened about a year ago, i think

just goes to show how mentally retarded the big-wigs in the music biz are these days. they have NO idea how many albums i have purchased SOLELY due to pandora.