Pandora taking too much time to switch songs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iamtko, May 7, 2012.

1. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

Lately my pandora player has been really shady and has not been quickly switching to the next song after one finishes, though it will gladly play a commercial THEN sit on the last song played.

I never used to have this problem which is a bummer because it has been doing it in the car and while I am at work. Of course it works pretty flawlessly on wifi. I know people will likely say that it is an obstruction due to the building I am in or low signal but other streaming players do not have the same problems. I have also deleted the application entirely but it has not solved my problem : (

Tonight I plan on taking it in to the Apple store but I feel like in the end they are not going to be able to fix it nor replace my phone : ((((( Maybe they will just feel generous and give me a shiny new 4s?...

anyone else had a similar problem?

2. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

If this is restricted to the Pandora app exclusively, there is no incentive or liability on Apple's behalf to replace your phone. You would do better either posting in a forum dedicated to the Pandora app here or elsewhere, or to contact the developers of that app directly.

Another thing to consider is there may be intentional throttling of song transitions by the app developers themselves in order to promote the $3.99 a month subscription which brings you the following "features": :cautious:
    • No Ads everywhere you listen to Pandora
    • Higher Quality Audio
    • Desktop Application
    • Custom Skins
    • Fewer Interruptions

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

So I went in to the store and of course it worked. As soon as I left the mall it crapped out again -_-
    I have another genius bar appointment set up for tonight.
    It's just so very frustrating since I have exhausted every viable option outside of getting a new phone (networks settings reset, reset all settings, upgrade to latest ios, updated to latest iTunes, deleted Pandora then redownloaded it..). Also it is my most used app..

Does throttling make sense though if it works on wifi?

Also if the application runs flawlessly on others phones, could it not suggest something is amiss with the iPhone? I do understand that Apple could say that

4. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Hmm... I see your point. However, it might just be the phone isn't receiving a sufficient 3G signal at the time you're using the application. I've seen this type of delay with other apps like GPS-related ones that do this when the signal isn't as strong.

5. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

I understand why you would think it is signal strength but other similar applications(TuneIn Radio) run perfectly all of the time, whereas Pandora never seems to run right at all.

I also just made a new Pandora account and the problem still persists. . .

6. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

It's got nothing to do with your phone. It's the app itself. Since the last update, I'm not able to play anything on 3G. If you go to the reviews of the app. You'll see people are having issues with the current version.

It's my source of music when I drive this pos van they give me sometimes at work. Today just happen to be the day I had to use it. Pandora wouldn't load any of my playlists. Kind of annoying. :cautious:

7. iamtko

iamtko Zealot
    Gold

Good catch cliffeman. Good to know I am not alone in this. I made an appointment for tonight but I am wondering if I should go or not. Part of me thinks I should go because they might replace my phone since the genius yesterday did not have any idea this was a common problem.

Part of me thinks it will be a complete waste of time... (i secretly want them to give me a 4s because of the report i saw on here......)