Pandora?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 27, 2007
anyone heard any news on whether there are plans to port pandora for the iPhone? Or even add it as an app? You cant currently use it due to it running on a flash interface... :(

That would be the best iPhone app

Regnad

Jun 27, 2007
I agree that it would be the best app. I listen to Pandora with a Squeezebox at home and having it always available would be amazing!

To be clear, it would require Flash support and nothing else?

Hoping...

Jun 27, 2007
I agree that it would be the best app. I listen to Pandora with a Squeezebox at home and having it always available would be amazing!

To be clear, it would require Flash support and nothing else?

Hoping...
yeah I think the two solutions would be an update that allows flash support, or If pandora coded a port of the flash version that could run on the iPhone

adam2046

Aug 18, 2007
Unlikely...

It is unlikely you'll see native flash support on the iPhone (or very many other mobile platforms) any time soon. The reason is because flash is a very client-intensive endeavor, requiring a decent amount of processing capability to function properly, particularly fp9. Youtube makes it work (afaik) by delivering the content to the iPhone in H264, which is decoded by Apple's hardware H264 decoder (coming soon to an ipod near you). H264's Baseline profile (1.3) is relatively light on the client side, decent for mobile platforms. Ideally, Pandora should (and probably will) shoot for this type of setup, as H264 seems the likely choice for mobile media in the next 12 months, especially on Apple devices, since they're planning on sticking their hardware decoder in all their next-gen products.

Regards
Adam

billchase2

Bronze
Jul 22, 2007
i agree, it'd be a great app/webapp! i used to have it on my old sprint phone... hopefully they'll bring it to us iPhone users as well!

ootunes

May 16, 2008
Flytunes is pretty awesome (seriously, and you can't beat free!), if they happen to have the station you want... or the podcast you want (they are getting a lot more, which is good!), however, the OP asked about Pandora, which flytunes doesn't do... (flytunes also doesn't stream from last.fm, seeqpod, lala, mp3tunes, or your own iTunes library, or album art, or let you rate your tracks, etc.) So, imh(and biased)o, you get what you pay for (well, maybe a little more in both cases)..

Just use flytunes.fm. 375+ channels, video podcasts, and it's FREE.

iTrey.Bates

Bronze
Jul 9, 2008
Texas
yes pandora is the best radio app ever..ive been using it on my computer for about 2 or 3 years..make your own personal stations...no commercials...who can beat that :laugh2:

jUeLz23

Bronze
Sep 4, 2007
u ahve to put your username and password in..
go to the Settings of the iPhone go all the way down and ull see Pandora..
enter it there should be good.