Pangu 9.2-9.3.3 Jailbreak on the Way

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up, @Europa. Early version is semi-tethered (no computer needed to rejailbreak, though) but I'd expect an untethered version down the line.

Read more.

And here.

#1 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Great just in time for iOS 10 to make it semi-irrelevant but I guess I'll be jailbroken for another month or two :/

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

icrackuridevice says “Also: I'd just pull the trigger now, there will not be a "fully untethered version”.”

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's not irrelevant at all if you plan to keep your present phone or have a backup you'd like to jailbreak. Just getting rid of those stupid app animations is enough for me to jailbreak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If you would like to try to jailbreak your iPhone for iOS 9.3.x without your computer, go to the link below from your iPhone.

- Press install and then install and it'll install an app.
    - Before opening the app, turn off find my iphone and turn on airplane mode.
    - Also go to settings-general-device management, and click what's in there and trust it.
    - Then open the app, click the circle, lock your device and then it should popup with notification, unlock device and it's installing jailbreak.

@Napoleon PhoneApart Did I miss anything?

If you reboot device, turn off find my iphone and on airplane mode and redo the steps of opening the app etc.

https://totoateam.com/pangujb/

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It was a little tricky for me. I almost gave up on it, but it finally worked.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Trust me, it was confusing for me until a developer I know, not personally but yeah, told me to turn off find my iphone and turn on airplane mode, and then lock device after I pressed in the circle.

8. snowtrooper1966

Gold

image.jpeg

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

If I may be honest, I'm back unjailbroken. I was getting errors when installing many tweaks. I was being sent to safe mode when getting emails inside of an app or logging into Twitter etc. Also now the website is down.

10. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Any idea about whether we will see a fully unthetered version? I will JB with this but was wondering

11. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

First link now says "Coming soon..."

Second link not found.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Most of my tweaks are working fine on the new jailbreak on my 6s Plus.

App Admin
    Barrel
    BetterFiveColumnHomeScreen
    BetterFiveColumnDock
    Bioprotect
    EqualizerEverywhere (Woohoo!)
    Facebook++
    Filza File Manager
    Mikoto (can't get custom status bar text working, though)
    Minimal Hosts Blocker
    MulitIconMover+
    Pull to Respring
    RevealNC 9
    Speed Intensifier (can't blacklist individual apps yet. Probably needs a PreferenceLoader update)
    StatusVol X
    Safari Downloader+

#12 Napoleon PhoneApart, Jul 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  13. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Important information from the developers:

Regular Apple IDs (not dev accounts) only have a 7 day signature. This means that the jailbreak app will not work after 7 days, and will need to be reinstalled.

What does that mean?
    It does not mean you lose your jailbreak after 7 days. What it means is that, if you reboot after a week, you will need to reinstall the app to un-semi-tether your phone. Currently, if you reboot, your phone boots back into a regular, non-jailbroken state. To re-jailbreak, you simply run the PP app and it gives you write access again. If 7 days have passed, you won't be able to run the app (it won't even open).

You will have 3 options at this point. Either 1) run the jailbreak tool on your computer again, 2) sign the application yourself and push it to the device with something like Xcode or 3) use a website that is currently hosting a profile and the app itself, such as iOSEMUs.

This a limitation placed by Apple, not Pangu. It is possible that in the coming days/weeks a fix arises, but for now there is a one week reinstall needed.

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I think I am just going to wait for an unthetered version.

15. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I can't say I'm surprised. A jailbreak solution packed and delivered through mobile Safari by a group who call themselves "Totoateam"? Why would you trust your device to such a sketchy-sounding piece of software? I know you went back and undid the damage, but how do you know they didn't peek at and possibly even "borrow" your private data during the short time you allowed them to set up shop on your device?

Heck, I don't even trust Apple with their iOS 10 Beta Thingamabob. Apple!

16. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm not worried to be honest. I'm jailbroken again.

17. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Did you use the same method again? Totoateam’s solution using Safari?

18. rollinfromhell

Gold

Can anyone please confirm if Fake GPS works or not with this semi-tethered JB?

19. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

From Pangu:

2. Important! Be cautious, incompatible/untested tweaks may brick your iOS devices

Due to the model change of jailbreak, some tweaks may not be able to work on iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3.3, and even brick your iOS devices. Be cautious with the tweaks you want to install, and make sure you already made a full backup of your iOS devices.

Be careful everyone!!!!

20. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

What was number 1?