Pangu iOS 9.0 - 9.0.2 Jailbreak Released for Mac

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I was but updated to 9.1. I guess the window for 9.0.2 is still open?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I'm not going to downgrade to 9.0.2 after all. If I understand correctly you can't restore a 9.1 backup to a device running 9.0.2. I would have to setup many apps all over again as well as sync all my music/media again. It's not worth the time and effort for me right now. Hopefully a 9.1 jailbreak will be along soon that doesn't require a clean restore to take hold. I've kinda gotten used to stock iOS and I don't really miss being jailbroken that much. ;) That's what I keep telling myself anyway. :D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm not going to downgrade to 9.0.2 after all. If I understand correctly you can't restore a 9.1 backup to a device running 9.0.2. I would have to setup many apps all over again as well as sync all my music/media again. It's not worth the time and effort for me right now. Hopefully a 9.1 jailbreak will be along soon that doesn't require a clean restore to take hold. I've kinda gotten used to stock iOS and I don't really miss being jailbroken that much. ;) That's what I keep telling myself anyway. :D
I spent a few hours today downgrading, jailbreaking, syncing and then setting up every single app from scratch. I agree with you that it's a hassle. I kicked myself in the butt for not making a backup on 9.0.2 last week before upgrading and keeping it in a backup folder. If I had, I could have avoided the tedious work of setting up the phone from scratch. It's good to be jailbroken again, though. I can't get used to the nuisances of a stock iPhone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
All set up. Had to use a few alternatives for shrinking and hiding since Springtomize 3 hasn't been updated yet.

IMG_0009.jpg

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Hi Europa,
Could you please list your alternatives for Springtomize (shrinking, hiding, more icons in the dock)?
Thanks!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Icon Renamer allows you to hide icon labels. Get the icons in wiggle mode then tap once to bring up the name and hit the x. I only have forty apps so it took less than two minutes. The names will return if you uninstall the tweak. I didn't see anything currently updated to shrink icons, so I used Little Brother. It's not as good and doesn't let you scale them to a certain percentage, but it's better than nothing. It basically adds a smaller choice to the standard and zoom stock options we have for icon layout. I'm also using DockShift and ClassicDock and only want four icons, but you can use BetterFiveIconDock if you want five.

ring0_event

Bronze
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks Europa, that will help till Springtomize is ready!

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Does anyone have status bar tweaks and in return you have libstatusbar? I deactivated this and it fixed my statusbar issue of date and time not appearing instantly when I unlock. I don't understand how that can be the issue as none of it was updated today. The issue just randomly started happening today and won't fix besides deactivating libstatusbar.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Does anyone have status bar tweaks and in return you have libstatusbar? I deactivated this and it fixed my statusbar issue of date and time not appearing instantly when I unlock. I don't understand how that can be the issue as none of it was updated today. The issue just randomly started happening today and won't fix besides deactivating libstatusbar.
The laggy status bar seems to be an issue for only some people. I noticed it a bit on iOS 9.0, but since 9.0.1 I haven't had any lag at all.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
The laggy status bar seems to be an issue for only some people. I noticed it a bit on iOS 9.0, but since 9.0.1 I haven't had any lag at all.
Thanks for letting me know. What's weird though is that it just started occurring for the first time today.

@Europa @Napoleon PhoneApart Do you have any ideas to fix this? Status bar where time/date is for me, loading slowly or not at all, started happening just randomly the other day and continuing forever now. I already had libstatusbar and all when it started happening. Nothing I did. I tried reinstalling/uninstalling then reinstalling. Uninstalling/reinstalling caused unlimited safe mode when I tried opening apps. Luckily now I am back to where it's just status bar lag with the date/time in status bar.

Last edited:

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
And, one of those is @MoneyMaker79 :p. Why are you, @MoneyMaker79, posting this question in this thread? This has nothing to do with Pangu being available for Mac.
Thanks for letting me know. What's weird though is that it just started occurring for the first time today.

@Europa @Napoleon PhoneApart Do you have any ideas to fix this? Status bar where time/date is for me, loading slowly or not at all, started happening just randomly the other day and continuing forever now. I already had libstatusbar and all when it started happening. Nothing I did. I tried reinstalling/uninstalling then reinstalling. Uninstalling/reinstalling caused unlimited safe mode when I tried opening apps. Luckily now I am back to where it's just status bar lag with the date/time in status bar.
You shouldn't have it at all @MoneyMaker79, you're on 9.0.2, @Napoleon PhoneApart noticed it on 9.0 but not on 9.0.1.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I didn't have the issue until a while into the jailbreak. Strange yes.
You seem to always have strange problems with your jailbreak, because you like to install everything under the sun and risk such. :p

Why post in this thread? It has nothing to do with Pangu being available for Mac now.