Parallels 4.0

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Anyone try it yet? Supposed to be faster, support some 3D graphics, and includes security software and other tools.

I may give the trial a shot before i restore my computer...

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I have tried it. No major difference. I installed Windows Vista, it's not that good, and it sucks in games. I am using a MacBook Pro (specs written in my signature). However, the screen doesn't get screwed (by flickering and stuff) like the last version, it's much better in the graphics.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
It seems to work better than the previous version. In particular, I can leave it in coherence mode full time, and Parallels doesn't crash due to some lack of memory error. I've also installed the Parallels iPhone app. Not too useful since you need to be on your WI-FI network.

I have ORB running and it's been working like a charm.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I'm very fond of Fusion too - trialed both it and Parallels before buying Fusion, and I liked it much better.

The other one I keep hearing good stuff about is Virtualbox ...

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Then again, for me I tried them both on my single-core AMD-based PC. VMware Fusion ran but when I tried to boot my physical Vista drive it was pretty slow. I mean it worked, but it wasn't too usable. I tried Parallels but it didn't even wanna boot.