Parallels not compatible with MBA

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Not yet anyway. MBA users have discovered it the hard way. While it appears to be working for short periods of time, Parallels, regardless of the Windows' software it's running, causes incessant kernel panics on the MBA. I've seen more kernel panics in 1 day than I had in years. All "solutions" posted on the Mac Forums have been useless. I've tried them all by the way. The Parallels team is aware of the problem and "working on it", but for now, it's better not to rely on it. VMware Fusion has not caused panics, but of course, Parallels users are not happy:mad:.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Fusion doesn't work on MBA either.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Fusion doesn't work on MBA either.

Good news on this me-only thread.

From the Parallels' team:

"Status update. We have fixed the bug and made a build with the fix. This build is currently being tested by QA team. It will be released in a few days. Thank you all for information concerning this bug!"

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Is this pretty universal?

Before i got to work today, they installed Parallels w/XP on one... i told the other guys i've heard of people having problems with it, but the they said everything went smoothly and ran ok. I didn't press it... i hope this update comes out before they guy comes back with problems.

Hopefully there's a fix for it soon.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Is this pretty universal?

Before i got to work today, they installed Parallels w/XP on one... i told the other guys i've heard of people having problems with it, but the they said everything went smoothly and ran ok. I didn't press it... i hope this update comes out before they guy comes back with problems.

Hopefully there's a fix for it soon.
Apparently, yes, most MBA's will develop kernel panics with gray-screen-of-death when running Parallels (only MBA's). Nothing's been working as a solution. The Parallels' team was able to reproduce the problem, but didn't know what caused it for the past 3 weeks. But it seems that now they have fixed it and the update is just around the corner.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah... hopefully the guy doesn't use it too heavily for a while.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Parallels Is Fully Fixed On The Mba By Downloading Build 5592.