Parrot problem! please help! (wth is a con bus system?)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I just went to have my parrot mk6100 installed and they said it had a con bus system meaning there is no ignition (not a big deal)but theres no amp- turn on... does anyone know what that means? does anyone know if there is anyway to install this parrot in my car? Please help... this is for my kid for Christmas and his only gift and it does not work...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just went to have my parrot mk6100 installed and they said it had a con bus system meaning there is no ignition (not a big deal)but theres no amp- turn on... does anyone know what that means? does anyone know if there is anyway to install this parrot in my car? Please help... this is for my kid for Christmas and his only gift and it does not work...

I wish I could give you an answer, just type in Parrot in the search section, and you will be able to read important info that will be helpful to you.

Because I have seen several threads pertaining to this.

lostman24

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I wish I could give you an answer, just type in Parrot in the search section, and you will be able to read important info that will be helpful to you.

Because I have seen several threads pertaining to this.
Thanks but there is nothing pertaining to this...they have parrot threads but none refer to my exact problem..does anyone else know what to do or know what this means? Anyone else fix this problem?

NickB

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
I think they meant CAN bus... data system in a lot of newer cars, turns on accessories without a 12 volt on/off wire. What year/make/model is your car?

slope

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
Inside my Iphone
This kit comes with ISO plugs which should fit the plugs on the back of your car radio. This provides the power to the unit. It may be that you have an amp or pre-amp in your car in which case you need a separate mute cable to cut your radio and put the sound from your phone through your radio. As previously said the make and model of car will help.

If you are any way handy around your car this is a fairly easy DIY and should only take about 45 mins to complete.