Part of the touchscreen quit?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
About 1/4 of the touch screen wont work. Will Apple replace this and what should I do. Should I call customer service or wait until monday when I can get to an Apple store.

mikeKICKz

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
SAN DIEGO
About 1/4 of the touch screen wont work. Will Apple replace this and what should I do. Should I call customer service or wait until monday when I can get to an Apple store.
first call custom service so they can write it down on your notes and they will also make an appointment for you with your Apple store. you get there wait for you name to be call. get a new phone. you should be go.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I've had better luck just getting up and going to the store. In and out in a few minutes with something new. Not saying this is whats going to happen in your case- but worth a shot.

Is there an Apple store near you thats opened on the weekends; like today?

dbcooper

Oct 13, 2007
I had the exact same thing happen where the bottom third of the touch screen became inactive. Nothing worked. I brought it in to an Apple store and they gave me a loaner since they couldn't figure it out either. Within a few days I had a brand new iPhone in the mail. My advice is to not waste your time on the phone, get online to make an appointment at the genius bar at your local Apple store.

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
problem is... I can't make an appointment. I live 90 mins from an Apple store. I have to go into chicago for a follow up appointment and the UI hospital. When ever the hell they get done with me, I can head to the Apple store. I would think I could make an appointment for 2-3 but what if I get in and out at the hospital and get there at 12-1.

H

Hayesimus

you aren't required to go to an Apple store. i don't know WHY people keep saying it like its a neccessaty. i called the Apple iPhone repair line, 18006947466 and told them that my touch screen went out. they told me to try a restore. i told them i already did. twice. they made me try again. so just humor them and say yep i tried it again and it doesn't work. then they will overnight a box in the mail with instructions for returning. you'll have to request a loaner if you want one but you have to pay rent on it. stupid huh? they didn't offer it. so i didn't get it. if i had asked for a loaner they would have to accommodate me. anyway. then you can go online and watch the progress. well mine was taking WAY to long and there wasn't ever any progress so i called everyday until they finally just replaced it and sent me a new one. so there you go. no Apple store involved.

dbcooper

Oct 13, 2007
problem is... I can't make an appointment. I live 90 mins from an Apple store. I have to go into chicago for a follow up appointment and the UI hospital. When ever the hell they get done with me, I can head to the Apple store. I would think I could make an appointment for 2-3 but what if I get in and out at the hospital and get there at 12-1.
If it's easy to get to the store you may as well try. I went in for the same problem without an appointment. I happened to be on my way to the airport. Told them I HAD to have my phone as I was going out of town. They bumped me to the front of the line, fiddled with the phone, gave me a loaner and I was out the door in 15 minutes. It's worth a shot if you want to try and get a loaner.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I had same problem. I called 1-800-my iPhone. They went through the motions and determined that I would have to send my phone in. They send a package to my house Fed-Ex, and the next day (Thursday appox 12:00) I send it in. So it went from Indianapolis to Texas. In Texas they determined that my phone would need replaced, so they sent me a new one. My new phone showed up on Saturday morning appox. 9:00am. That was pretty fast! Now I have a working phone!

gsxr370

Apr 12, 2007
took about 2 1/2 hours with the waiting in line but they gave me a new one at the store. Apple may have problems with these phones, but at least they take care of there customers.