partial Outlook 2007 calendar sync

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gmaniax

Jul 1, 2007
Hi All

has anyone syncing to outlook 2007 notice that not all events sync with the iPhone calendar.

I don't know why this would happen, but only 1/3 of the evnts in outlook seemed to sync to the iPhone

very frustrating .... that was the one feature on the treo that worked well...

can anyone help?

thx!

scog

Jun 30, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I saw some settings menu item that referenced only sync'ing so much time in the past. Are you not getting the sync on future items or past items?

lectioneer

Jul 1, 2007
^ I'm not getting the Future appointments or 30 days past.

HELP!
May not be a solution but I found that the recurring appointments involving days of the week or month rather than specific dates were the ones that did not sync. It is a long process and shouldn't be required but I replaced each one and the sync was successful. An obvious shortcoming but workable.

Spoodle

Jun 27, 2007
Also having calendar issues

I'm actually able to get my calendar synced (to Outlook 2007 on XP Pro), including recurring appointments, but for some reason my one recurring appointment has the WRONG start time. It is basically an hour later than it should be. All of my other appointments seem to have the correct start time. I can't seem to find anything unusual about that recurring appointment that would cause this to happen - apart from the fact that it is recurring.

Oh yeah, it also took at least 10-15 minutes to sync my calendar. Seemed WAY too slow....

-David

gmaniax

Jul 1, 2007
outlook

that's strange...most of the appointments that sync for me are the holidays and recurring events ...

my calendar syncs very quickly, which tells me that not much is going on... (tha twas a bad sign back in the Treo days too) even the first time I synced ,it did it quickly.

we have no control over the process at all, so I cant see where the problem is..

i'm not sure what else to do at this point... contacts seem to sync fine .. but i need the calendar function and rely on it heavily

any other thoughts?

GM

morpheus

Jul 2, 2007
Same problem here

I'm running Outlook 2007 with XP. Only a handful of my events and appointments are showing up on the iPhone. It's a minor bug but annoying.

In Outlook, I verified that in Trust Center>Add-ins both the iPhone plugins are active. I've restarted as well.

Otherwise I'm very happy with the iPhone (and glad to ditch my ugly old Treo).

doctorrick

Jul 5, 2007
echoing others comments. outlook 2007 with vista, and seemingly random calendar syncing. some recurrent not others, some with wrong times.
i also had the outlook crash problem, but that seems to (i don't know how!)
have gone away.

one small fix, i did note some of the wrong time syncing issues were related to an iPhone setting, under general, date & time, turn time zone support to off, and some of my appointments times were corrected.

would love to hear about a fix for this, as i use outlook calendar for everything i do at home and work.

Elfride

Jul 5, 2007
Solution for partial calendar sync

I had the same problem with Outlook 2003. Only recurring appointments seemed to sync. After a closer look, it turned out that only appointments that were created by others that I accepted synced. So it had to be something in my settings when creating an appointment...

And, yes, it was.

Right-click on your calendar in your folder view and select properties. On the General tab, make sure IPM.Appointment is selected in the "When posting to this folder" drop-down list. (In my case, "My WebEx Integration" was selected.)

After I another sync, newly created appointments appeared on my iPhone.

Yahoo!

Hope it helps!
Elfride

Cactus1993

Jul 7, 2007
Outlook 2003 to iPhone Calendar Syncing Problem

Love the site and all the comments.

Love my iPhone, but am frustrated by the synching ability of calendars.
A new appointment created on the iPhone syncs over to Outlook 2003 fine … but new appointments created in Outlook 2003 don’t sync over to the iPhone. Very odd. All COM Add-ins are checked, all checkboxes in iTunes are checked properly. Must be the iPhone doesn’t recognize the store or format of Outlook-created new appointments.

My workaround … copy, paste, and modify an iphone-created appointment that was synced over to Outlook, and use it for all future Outlook-created appointments. Tedious, but it works (and obviously iPhone then recognizes the store/code/tag in the new Outlook-created appointment.)

Anyone else running into this?

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Oultook Calendar Sync Problems SOLVED!

Hello,

I went to the Apple store and asked a genius about the problem with outlook calendar not syncing all appointements...etc to the iPhone and he told me that this problem is fixed in the new update of iTunes 7.3.1.

I updated iTunes and it is ture, the bug is fixed. The new update was released yesterday I believe. The genius told me that this was the main fix in the iTunes Update. I feel good that Apple is thinking about us MS Windows users;)

Regars - Bohs

Jul 7, 2007
Bohs:

Thanks for your post. I will download the new iTunes, and see if that helps in my case! Glad to hear Apple is thinking of us PC users, like you said!

jjjj1047

Jul 7, 2007
NJ Shore
Hello,

I went to the Apple store and asked a genius about the problem with outlook calendar not syncing all appointements...etc to the iPhone and he told me that this problem is fixed in the new update of iTunes 7.3.1.

I updated iTunes and it is ture, the bug is fixed. The new update was released yesterday I believe. The genius told me that this was the main fix in the iTunes Update. I feel good that Apple is thinking about us MS Windows users;)

Regars - Bohs
I'm glad to hear that the iTunes update has solved your problem, but I have updated my iTunes and still have the same problem sync'ing my Outlook 2007 Calendar events with my iPhone. It will sync from the iPhone to Outlook, but not from Outlook to iPhone the way it is supposed to be. I have been an IT provider for 15 years and know enough how to solve problems like this. Both Apple and Microsoft deny that there is a problem (the way they have both done for years), and then they come up with a solution just the same. Unfortunately, the solutions do not seem to work for everyone, thereforee, the problem has still not been solved. While I love my iPhone, I continue to have a love/hate relationship with both Apple and Microsoft (don't we all!). I just can't wait for iTunes 7.3.2 to see what happens next. :confused:

abohsali

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
You might need to restore the firmware on the iPhone

Hello JJJJ1047,

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the genius told me if this still doesn't work then I should restore the firmware on the iPhone using iTunes, update iTunes and try it again and it should work. Mine worked without restoring the firmware but it is worth the try. As you know iTunes will backup and restore all you settings and data (except music and videos) on the phone when you choose to restore the same phone synched previously. If you try let please let us know if this solves the problem.

-Amro

Jul 13, 2007
Incompatible Software Add-in

My problem was similar with Outlook 2007. To troubleshoot I put my apts in appointment listing view to look at the types icons (mostly to check against one of the suggestions above for message type ipm.appointment). My appointments that were not syncing had a funny icon in front that referred to my Live Mapping Addon. Any appointment with that funny icon did not sync. Since I never user the Live Mapping Locator - I just uninstalled that add-on in Outlook and the next apts I created no longer had the strange message type of ipm.appointment.location which the iPhone did not understand.

So all is well now.

joerj11

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Calendar Syncing Away :)

My problem was similar with Outlook 2007. To troubleshoot I put my apts in appointment listing view to look at the types icons (mostly to check against one of the suggestions above for message type ipm.appointment). My appointments that were not syncing had a funny icon in front that referred to my Live Mapping Addon. Any appointment with that funny icon did not sync. Since I never user the Live Mapping Locator - I just uninstalled that add-on in Outlook and the next apts I created no longer had the strange message type of ipm.appointment.location which the iPhone did not understand.

So all is well now.
This worked for me as well. Be sure to install the latest version of iTunes as well.

jjjj1047

Jul 7, 2007
NJ Shore
Interesting

Hello JJJJ1047,

I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the genius told me if this still doesn't work then I should restore the firmware on the iPhone using iTunes, update iTunes and try it again and it should work. Mine worked without restoring the firmware but it is worth the try. As you know iTunes will backup and restore all you settings and data (except music and videos) on the phone when you choose to restore the same phone synched previously. If you try let please let us know if this solves the problem.

-Amro
Amro

My contact list on my iPhone is different than in my Outlook as I wanted only my most used contacts on the iPhone. I'm afraid if I do the restore I will lose my iPhone contact list and have to enter everything again. The iTunes 7.3.1 still does not correct the sync problem for me, but just for the heck of it, I just sync'd my iPod Nano that I've had for the past couple of years (I never used contacts on it, only music), and voila, all the contacts from Outlook appear on the Nano. The only conclusion that I can make is that there is an Apple problem. Why the Nano works and not the iPhone leads me to believe that this is just one of many bugs that Apple needs to address for the iPhone. Thanks.

Jay

Glenn C

Jul 14, 2007
Outlook 2003 WinXP sp 2 won't sync accurately

I am also having the same issues.
Not only will not all appts sync, but testing by placing "test" items in either the iPhone, syncing, or the Outlook Calendar, and syncing, don't result in those test items actually syncing. They just don't show up in the other device.
Weird, too, OLD test items, deleted several days ago, sometimes "pop back up" out of nowhere.
I believe that iTunes is using some cache file (XML?) to reference, and that file is NOT being updated from outlook.

I have spent hours on the phone with Apple support, even swapped out the iPhone. The problem persists.

Apple support CLAIMS no one else is having this problem. They should read your comments here. Seems a significant, and problematic glitch.