Passbook? All it says is "Apple Store" nothing else?

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by altjx, Sep 21, 2012.

1. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Guys, I just loaded up Passbook for the first time, and all it provides me is a list of things I can do with it, "boarding psases, events" etc.

How the hell do I get this damn thing to work? I have american airline, united, and delta on my phone now but Passbook just stays at teh one screen.

2. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Where does this interface even come from?

starbuckspassbook.jpg

All I get is this passbook-section-app.jpg

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I think all this will be sorted out soon but right now it seems to kind of be a mystery to most users. :cautious:

4. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Am I the only person in the world with tihs issue? I mean I don't even see any other articles about this. How the hell do you even get passes in here? There's one button: App store. Nothing else.

5. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

You have to purchase tickets using the apps that appear when clicking on "app store". For instance, Fandango. Once you purchase a movie ticket from Fandango it'll go into your "passbook" application, along with all of the other tickets you purchase.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Damn this is absolutely ridiculous. All of this stuff I seen them demonstrating at the Apple Event is just talk?

7. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

So what about when my job books me a flight using American Airline? It'll just appear in Passbook out of the blue? Not quite sure what's going on.

8. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

If your AA flight can be seen in your AA app on your phone, it should transfer to Passbooks as well. Now, I'm not 100% on if that'll work like that. However, if the ticket is purchased through the AA application on the device itself, then I know it'll transfer over.

9. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for your help dude. Seems like a lot of crap I was expected is just barely true. I wonder if there are any more secrets, lol.

10. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Also, these demos of people using Delta Airlines and stuff -- that's not a supported app in the app store. Any idea what these videos and screenshots that show Delta Airlines actually mean? Are they useable?

11. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Well, it'll work exactly how they demonstrated it. However, you actually have to purchase the tickets like they had before showing us. Once you get tickets, yours will look like theirs did.

12. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Currently, not all the apps that were in the demonstration are released to the public. Like Starbucks for example. You'll just need to wait for more apps to integrate it for the public.

13. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Ah, gotcha man. Thanks a lot. As long as I know I'm not missing anything, that's all I'm concerned about. So most of the things that I see in screenshots are demonstrations of what it'll actually look like once it's finished. Thanks for your help.

14. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

That's correct altjx . It should look like theirs do once you buy tickets and what not.

15. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Kk. Another reason I asked because I actually have a Delta flight scheduled for Monday, and I'm able to access my boarding pass from the Fly Delta app. So like others, I already have a Delta flight purchased, but I can't get in Passbook like they do.

16. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I used pass source (I paid nothing) and got a few cards loaded
    rewards zone
    blockbuster
    stables starbucks
    gamestop
    I have not tried them as of yet
    I load some more tomorrow

17. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah, but it doesn't look like Delta has released it because it's not in the AppStore for the Passbook. Who knows. We'll just have to wait for more apps to be released.

18. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

19. altjx

altjx Member
    Bronze

Well, I went to PassSource, but it's hard to understand that. Like Barcode Message? Not even sure what to change that to if anything. hmm

20. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

You apparently have to download app and THEN it adds their stuff. But if you click on App Store it fails. The workaround is to go to Settings/Genera;/Time and turn OFF automatic. Set the date to a year from now. Then go to App store from Passbook, then you can go back and set time to Automatic again. Its just looney!