Passbook? All it says is "Apple Store" nothing else?

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
You apparently have to download app and THEN it adds their stuff. But if you click on App Store it fails. The workaround is to go to Settings/Genera;/Time and turn OFF automatic. Set the date to a year from now. Then go to App store from Passbook, then you can go back and set time to Automatic again. Its just looney!

Gotcha, lol. I found the workaround a bit earlier, but didn't know how the app works. Going to give it a shot soon. Running to the store to buy me a case now :) Thanks all for help.

Napoleon Lopez

Bronze
Jun 8, 2011
Slidell, Louisiana
When i try the passbook on my iPhone 5 it just says cannot connect to app store. I do find it pointless though. I mean the reason i say this is. Let's just say you wanted to buy airline tickets. You click on passbook, it brings the app store normally. You click the app to buy the tickets. It seems it would be easier to just go straight to that app? I mean i know it stores all your apps that do that kind of thing. But it seems like it would be easier clicking on the app than to go through the extra steps from passbook. Or am i missing something?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
Currently, not all the apps that were in the demonstration are released to the public. Like Starbucks for example. You'll just need to wait for more apps to integrate it for the public.
Speaking of Starbucks I am not sure it can work for my wife. she has a GOLD Starbucks card that give her discounts. How the heck would you get that in Passbook and still get the discounts? I'm totally confused by this new feature. I'm dumb.

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
Speaking of Starbucks I am not sure it can work for my wife. she has a GOLD Starbucks card that give her discounts. How the heck would you get that in Passbook and still get the discounts? I'm totally confused by this new feature. I'm dumb.
I'm guessing it would work the same, if you go to:
http://www.passsource.com/customize.php?template_id=10
It should have you enter in all of the Starbucks Card's information and recognize what kind of card they have. Meaning Gold or not(I don't go to Starbucks so I'm not sure of what other cards they have, lol).

altjx

Bronze
Oct 21, 2009
www.altonjsupport.net
Well, I just added a default boarding pass, and theres no way to configure it after adding it other than by going back to the pass on pass source.

That being said, I probably won't be able to add my Delta boarding pass I'm guessing. I have no idea what half these settings are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
I was able to add Walgreens and Sephora. I downloaded their apps and logged in. The Walgreens app had an option to Add to Passbook which made it super easy. I have loyalty cards with both so my Passbook basically shows the barcode for those cards now.

Haven't found how to do it with Starbucks or Fandango yet though I also have a card and account with them too. Likely just not supported yet. Hopefully soon!

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
Talk about dumb- when I saw the icon forced onto page one of my apps, I had hoped it was a version of Key Ring that actually works. Ah, no.:rolleyes: I'd love to do as these apps say, "put my wallet on a diet" and put all my reward cards into an app. I have Key Ring, and loaded some of my cards in it, but none actually work at the register unless the cashier manually inputs the number. And, lots of stores don't want to mess with a phone, they just want the card. Not to mention my dream of NFC. Oh well, some day.

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
When they have hand-held bar code readers you just hold up your phone, they scan, nobody gets hurt and nobody goes to jail. (CVS Pharmacy)

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
There doesn't seem to be integration with the Walgreens app from what I can see. I must be missing something. As for Starbucks, I have their app but I don't think there is integration yet either.

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
Talk about dumb- when I saw the icon forced onto page one of my apps, I had hoped it was a version of Key Ring that actually works. Ah, no.:rolleyes: I'd love to do as these apps say, "put my wallet on a diet" and put all my reward cards into an app. I have Key Ring, and loaded some of my cards in it, but none actually work at the register unless the cashier manually inputs the number. And, lots of stores don't want to mess with a phone, they just want the card. Not to mention my dream of NFC. Oh well, some day.
Some stores have hand held scanners that can read the barcode on your phone. When I go to the market (Stop & Shop) and try to scan my card it simply can't read it. I think it worked when I went to CVS though.

Reactions: kimyares43

detroity2k

Bronze
Feb 2, 2008
Detroit, MI
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1429998318.788230.jpg

The Apple Store App says you can scan a barcode or label with your iPhone as if it has a built in feature in the Apple Store app or camera. What are they referring to in the attached photo? What is the best app for barcodes if it is not built in?

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
View attachment 41423
The Apple Store App says you can scan a barcode or label with your iPhone as if it has a built in feature in the Apple Store app or camera. What are they referring to in the attached photo? What is the best app for barcodes if it is not built in?
I believe that it just works only in the Apple Store for easy pay. I use it all the time when I buy in store (will or did not work with serial numbered items such as an Apple TV).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I use ProCamera 8 as my go to camera. It has a built-in scanner. It's stand alone bar code scanner is called Barcode by Cocologics.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮