Passcode unlock?

skydvn

Mar 24, 2008
Problem: 1. Forgotten passcode on girlfriend's 8GB iPhone(cancelled
account).
2. Desire to use phone with T-Mobile.

Will unlocking phone clear passcode protection? Is it possible to save all her old information(numbers,etc.) on the phone?

What is the best/most affordable/most reliable software to use? Too many web sites selling stuff and I don't want to be ripped-off for junk.

I have working T-mobile account and sim card. Thanks for any help...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
We'll i'm not sure about your first problem, but as far as unlocking and money. The best program out there is ZiPhone, from www.ziPhone.org and is completely free. You just run the "Do it all" command in the program.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Restoring the phone will erase passcode, though I am not sure about just unlocking.......
don't know about contacts either.

skydvn

Mar 24, 2008
recovery mode restore?

do a recovery mode restore, and then use ZiPhone 2.6b to "Do It All" (www.downloadziPhone.org) and then you are set, sir.

Thanks for the information. Sorry for my ignorance, but how do you do a "recovery mode restore". Is the "recovery mode restore" done through the ziPhone software?

I am good with computers and electronics, but a iPhone newbie. It looks to be a fun new toy to play with and tweak as soon as I figure it out.

I have read a lot of your threads to people's problem. It's great that you are so knowledgeable and willing to help. It sounds like I may be able to save my girlfriends info.

THANK YOU!

skydvn

Mar 24, 2008
Restoring Phone?

Restoring the phone will erase passcode, though I am not sure about just unlocking.......
don't know about contacts either.

You and another guy replied to my thread and agee that I need to "Restore" my girlfriends phone.

How do you "Restore" an iPhone? What is the procedure?

Thanks for any information.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
after you download ZiPhone, connect your iPhone to the computer, and open ZiPhone, and click advanced features, and click recovery mode.

after a second, your iPhone will reboot, and you will see iTunes say it has detected an iPhone in restore mode.

click Restore, and then when iTunes is done, open ZiPhone again, and click Do It All.

in 4 minutes, it will reboot as unlocked.

also, don't forget to set up your phone as a new phone in iTunes when it asks you if you want to restore from a backup.

TRIXX141

Jun 23, 2008
Need Help On My Ipod Touch!

hey wud up every1 i need help unlocking my iPod touch i cuzin took it and changed everything including my passcode... can anybody help me?

ps: whn i connect it to the iTunes it tells me must put passcode in or it will not work

can nebody help me? n can you reply to pmata8203@gmail.com... Thanks evry1!

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
HEY WUD UP EVERY1 I NEED HELP UNLOCKING MY iPod touch I CUZIN TOOK IT AND CHANGED EVERYTHING INCLUDING MY PASSCODE... CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

PS: WHN I CONNECT IT TO THE iTunes IT TELLS ME MUST PUT PASSCODE IN OR IT WILL NOT WORK

CAN NEBODY HELP ME?:( N CAN YOU REPLY TO PMATA8203@GMAIL.COM... Thanks EVRY1!
Don't use all caps please. And don't steal iPod Touches.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Where've you got the fact that he stole it from? :eek:
Just a hunch :)

Plus, if it is really his - his cousin would need to know the passcode to change it, which he shouldn't have shared. Secondly, his questions already been answered in this thread :rolleyes: