Password manager with desktop support

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by MTHall51, Jul 16, 2010.

1. MTHall51

MTHall51 Member
    Bronze

Still looking for great password keeper manager with Windows 7 support for desktop Ideas?

2. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Look at SplashID

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Older thread, but wanted to chime in given the topic. I've been using 1Password, which works great. It's available on both Mac and PC. It can get a bit costly, buying versions for each, but they do offer a family pack on the desktop side of things.

Other options worth looking at include Dashlane. Hope this helps anyone looking for a complete password solution.

4. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

And I have moved on from splashid. I am now using msecure.

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I have been using LastPass on both my iPhone and Mac. It's inexpensive for a subscription.

6. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

I've been using LastPass and although I want to move to 1Password I just haven't because LastPass keeps improving and it works well. I'm not a fan of putting all this information on their servers but their encryption seems bvery good and have had no problems.

7. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I've heard that iOS 8 will permit apps like 1Password to operate in a way that other apps calling for a secure login will be able call the password manager app directly rather than requiring the user to copy/paste as is presently the case. It's probably best to wait to see how things develop as iOS 8 rolls up.
    YMMV

8. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

You have to copy and paste in the iOS version of 1Password? I didn't know that.

9. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I've found that some sites, like my new bank's online service, for example, have 2 login screens. The first page asks for the login name then a second page will pop up asking for the password. I may have missed a technique that would work more easily. That's the one example that presently comes to mind.

YMMV

10. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

for dual authentication i know with roboform you can save both. when you put in your password in the first popup window roboform will ask if you want to save say yes and give it a name. then when the second window pops up. you put in that information and roboform will ask again if you want to save say yes again but this time give a different name. take a look at my screen shot and look at the bank of america passcode so you can see what i mean.

robo_zps87277875.png

#10 rom x, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  11. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Yup, I use Roboform and it covers that type of situation. However, on iOS it is easiest to use the RoboForm App which will auto-fill in the browser login information. Much easier than copy and paste. It's a decent integrated browser as well.

12. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

We've been using msecure for a few years, but I think we're going to move on to something more full featured. Probably lastpass or roboform. Playing with lastpass on the PC now.