Password Manager

Discussion in 'iPhone Apps and Games' started by silvermoon, May 20, 2014.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I end up having to create multiple passwords with different usernames since the default one that I like to use is taken and so I end up with several passwords/usernames and need a way to keep track of them all. Most of the apps that I found on the app store are paid apps that range from $5-$50. Can anyone recommend one that has worked for them? What do you think about storing information such as passwords and usernames in a phone? It would have to be secure.

2. lancer_325

lancer_325 Member
    Bronze

Hi. I use onekey. It's a brill little app and syncs to Dropbox so passwords on all my devices are available. Very easy to set up and you can edit settings within a password setup. It's also encrypted 256 bit AES so I think it's pretty secure. Here's the link. I got it when it was free so not sure what is is now though. https://itunes.apple.com/app/onekey-pro-secure-password/id599237591?mt=8 might be worth looking at.

#2 lancer_325, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014
  3. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I like 1Password. It has both iOS and OSX versions. It can sync/backup using Dropbox or iCloud.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

1Password is amazing. That is all. :)

5. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

6. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

1Password.

7. luislahud

luislahud Member
    Bronze

SecureSafe

8. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Last I checked, 1Password was $17.99. That is a high price to pay for an app. The most I might pay for an app is $4.99. So I'm interested in free or low cost alternatives.

9. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Sorry about that. 1Password does go on sale from time to time and well worth it. I was lucky enough to get it free several years ago...

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I have the free version on my Mac and iPhone and I can sync via wifi.

12. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

How did you get a free version?

13. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

It goes in sale from time to time. I read on a blog post that it was free so I downloaded it. It was a long time ago...

14. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I got 1password free like that, too. For some reason that I can't remember, I switched to msecure. I think it might have been because msecure was cross platform sync able. I have it on my idevices, my PC and my work Android phone.

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I got 1password for $9.99 during the holidays. Never seen it free.

16. Santa

Santa Evangelist
    Gold

I use msecure and it works well. But I've been thinking of switching to something else.

Has anyone used LastPass? I know it's $12/yr but it always wins the review contests.

17. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I began using RoboForm Everywhere many, many years ago, and have continued to this day. It works on my Win, OSX, and iOS devices and allows simultaneous local and encrypted cloud storage that automatically syncs all devices. It generates passwords and also stores identity information and secure notes. It integrates with all modern browsers. It's not free but I view the yearly cost as as an investment in keeping my identity and login information safe and secure. These days I use 12-15 character random generated passwords for most sites and change them regularly with auto-recording from RoboForm.

I've also tried the others but can't bring myself to switch, I just don't see any advantage.

18. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

19. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I don't know how that happened with the link. I never even saw the paid version. They have a free version. Probably has ads. Try this or type in OneKey and you'll see both paid and free.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/onekey-secure-password-manager/id641999320?mt=8

20. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold