Password on photos?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by misha2dope, Jul 22, 2008.

1. misha2dope

misha2dope New Member

hey just wondering if i could put a password on my photos so others can't see them. like put a pass on a folder full of pics of me and my gf. can i do that here? thanks

2. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot
    Gold

currently no. at least not with the current Apple software.

3. smknSRT8

smknSRT8 Zealot
    Gold

What kind of photos you taking? hahaha

4. misha2dope

misha2dope New Member

lol im pretty sure you guys know =p
    but it kinda sucks you can't =/

5. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Put a passkey lock on your phone, and just monitor anybody when they're using it, simply go "nonono, don't go into that folder" and hope that the name & thumbnail for that album doesn't give any hints.

It was that simple for me, my cousin wanted to use it and check out the camera and such, i just told her "as long as you stay in the camera roll and not that other folder in there... ;)"

6. sonicwind

sonicwind New Member
    Bronze

sounds like a good idea for an app

7. misha2dope

misha2dope New Member

wow awesome! thats what i like about iPhones but i still can't download apps because i don't have the account or w/e with Apple... no credit card ='[

8. iMeth

iMeth Member

yeah they need to... I have some embarrasing pics of myself posing and ready to send out to people on craigslist/myspace etc... so I need to this feature ASAP... next update I hope.

9. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

You can get them with an iTunes gift card, which can be purchased for cash at a lot of stores.

10. iMeth

iMeth Member

but in the mean time try pushing your photo app all the way to the right by itself.... so people are dumb enough to not look all around..

11. jimmy_hat

jimmy_hat New Member
    Bronze

There's an app called SwapPhoto that swaps between 2 photo libraries on your phone, designed so that you can sync your phone with more than 1 computer but also very handy for concealing pictures you don't want other people seeing, for whatever reason. I haven't seen one for the Camera Roll though.

12. jptolife

jptolife Member
    Silver

No account? You can create an account without a credit card. Just making sure you know that because I didn't know that for a long time.

13. carol_mem

carol_mem New Member

Try KYMS Keep your media safe.. actually the best to protect your photos and videos. on your iPhone, it appears like a standard calculator... entering your code, you will access a private area!