Password popup

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Alan Fujii, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Alan Fujii

Alan Fujii New Member

I have the touch ID on and so when I Press the home button it checks my fingerprint and let's me in. But very frequently there's a pop-up to enter my Apple ID. What good is the finger ID if I have to continually enter my Apple ID?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

When does this happen? You must first enter your password every time the phone is rebooted.

3. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

It should only prompt you to enter your Apple ID password if you reset the phone. Otherwise, you should be able to use your Touch ID for unlocking and downloading apps.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Is it your iCloud ID?

5. Alan Fujii

Alan Fujii New Member

Now I'm familiar with the need to manually out your code in when you do a reset. But this comes up at any time. Now it's the Apple ID that it's asking for. Is there something that requires this all the time?

6. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

So, you are entering your ID as "userid"@apple.com? Really?

7. Alan Fujii

Alan Fujii New Member

What the hell kind of comment is that?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you signed into iTunes and downloaded content with more than one Apple ID? Does this popup occur at the lock screen or on the home screen? I've had it appear on the home screen a few times for no apparent reason, but it hasn't done so in a few weeks. Have you recently reset your settings?

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I had a recurring pop up that started after I changed my Apple email ID. It turned out I had not changed it in FaceTime. So be sure you're signed in to iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

10. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I just found this comment on a Mac Forum

"With all of my Macs, I've always updated to a newer version with my Apple ID, but haven't had the opportunity to update to a point release.

With all versions of OS X now coming through the App Store, it is tied to your Apple ID. I believe the App Store gives you the option to tie your Apple ID to the existing installation. I know I had to do this for the pre-installed Pages/Numbers/Keynote installations on my rMBP when I got it to be able to update them.

When that connection is made, the updates to OS X should be fine with your Apple ID."

This might be relevant to the OP's problem.