Passwords not working on iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MileHiPhone

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
I am having issues with websites, this one for instance, not working on the iPhone when I try to enter my username/password (and yes, I have used the same upper and lowercase letters, and have typed very slowly with one finger on the iPhone to insure I am entering the exact words). Same problem with Yahoo, Google, Outlook web access. Not exactly the internet in my pocket if I can't get on to any of my sites!

Thanks for any help/advice.

papabro

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
MA
I am having issues with websites, this one for instance, not working on the iPhone when I try to enter my username/password (and yes, I have used the same upper and lowercase letters, and have typed very slowly with one finger on the iPhone to insure I am entering the exact words). Same problem with Yahoo, Google, Outlook web access. Not exactly the internet in my pocket if I can't get on to any of my sites!

FYI, I am not having this issue. Sorry But I don't have any advise.

motuser

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
I have had this problem particularly with my hotmail live web account. I hope Microsoft/Apple addresses this problem, and I imagine if Microsoft doesn't make push free soon, they will lose out to Yahoo and Gmail. But this works for my Hotmail login problem:

1. With Safari open, hold down the home button until the application shuts down completely.

2. Then go to Settings>Safari>Clear Cache>Clear Cache

3. Go back and try to login to the website.

You basically have to reset the browser and clear out the memory. I hope this works for you.

moiraz

Nov 3, 2007

Make sure you do not have special characters in your password. I had the same problem but after i removed the special characters in my passwords it worked.

Jan 6, 2008
Easy Hotmail Login

I have had this problem particularly with my hotmail live web account. I hope Microsoft/Apple addresses this problem, and I imagine if Microsoft doesn't make push free soon, they will lose out to Yahoo and Gmail. But this works for my Hotmail login problem:

1. With Safari open, hold down the home button until the application shuts down completely.

2. Then go to Settings>Safari>Clear Cache>Clear Cache

3. Go back and try to login to the website.

You basically have to reset the browser and clear out the memory. I hope this works for you.
For faster/easier access to hotmail, login via http://mobile.live.com. This is Microsoft Mobile and you can save your login & password page in Safari.