Pause Button on head phones not working?

joe.o

Aug 9, 2007
I've got this weird issue and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing it. I'll be listening to music and the iPhone after a few minutes locks itself. I can press the button on the headphones and the music pauses. I can then immediately press it again and it unpauses. BUT if I press pause and walk away for a few minutes and then attempt to unpause nothing happens. I have to wake up the phone (not unlock mind you) and then press the button to unpause the music.

Weird huh? This a bug or should I return my phone?

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I've got this weird issue and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing it. I'll be listening to music and the iPhone after a few minutes locks itself. I can press the button on the headphones and the music pauses. I can then immediately press it again and it unpauses. BUT if I press pause and walk away for a few minutes and then attempt to unpause nothing happens. I have to wake up the phone (not unlock mind you) and then press the button to unpause the music.

I think that may have happened to me. I just thought that I've been doing something wrong with it. Maybe someone can help us better understand this. Im not using my iPhone headset anymore but I would still like to find out why this happens.:cool:

Jul 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure it's a flaw. I take mine to the gym everyday and when I pause it to go in the locker room or talk for a min, it'll basically press stop and so have to restart the application.

hopefully something someone told them about so they can fix it.

RJ1

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Celebration FL
I think if you pause it for a period of time the phone and I think the ipod does this too where if you pause it it will stop or shut off the music automatically cause it thinks it is no longer being used there is no stop button on the ipod or iPhone so pause will work like it

I might be wrong.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Yeah me too. It kind of blows, I keep mine in my pocket, so I hit the sleep/wake button once and then hit the pause button and it starts back up. Occasionally it somehow manages to turn off the shuffle mode and starts playing my playlist from the beginning.

Goodie64

Aug 9, 2007
I don't mean to scare ya.

My phone started doing the same thing 2 days ago. I swear that it never did that before. But anyway so I noticed that I had to wake it up again to use the clicker. A day later my phone went to crap. The speakers do not work for the ipod and I cant hear the clicking noise when I type. When I make a call the receiver does not work so I have to use the speaker function. So my speakers work for some things and don't for others. After siting on the phone for at least an hour with Apple I was informed that they are reporting my phone. This means I am stuck with a phone that I can only use with my earbuds or on speaker for the next 3 to 5 days. If they cant come up with a fix then I will have to send my phone in so thats another 3 to 5 days. It seems as if I am the second person this has happened to so that is why they want me to wait before sending it in so they can try a few things.

I hope this doesn't happen to you.