Pay deposit over the phone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BWGrapher

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I just called my AT&T Store and ask a few questions.

Q. How many iPhone do you have?
A. We don't know yet.

Q. Let me change my question. Are there enough stocks if I go there tomorrow early in the morning?
A. We don't know that, either. However, probably there are very limited stocks, so we can't tell you there are enough or not.

Q. Is there any line outside of your store for iPhone now? (about 3:00 PM, 6/28)
A. No, there's no line yet.
(Hooray~~~!)

Q. I called AT&T sales department yesterday, and I noticed that I have to pay deposit for open an AT&T account. Can I pay deposit today in your store and get Pre-Approved credit check code today?
A. No, we can't accept any prepay. You have to pay deposit when you buy the iPhone tomorrow.

Q. What if I buy the iPhone in Apple Store tomorrow and pay the deposit in your store, do I have to wait on line again or just go into your store and pay the deposit?
A. Let me double check. Hold on..............................................
No. you can't pay deposit in our store. You have to pay over the phone.

Q. What you mean over the phone, you mean customer service?
A. Yes.

WTF!
If he was true, do I have to keep holding my phone for several hours for paying deposit?
It doesn't make sense!
Many people are planning to go to Apple Store for iPhone tomorrow, and many people should be paid deposit.
However, all of them have to call to AT&T customer service?
Also, If you see the full version of AT&T manual, on page #7, on the picture, there is the option for "Pay Deposit Only."
Is this option for just filling blank space?
I think he was not know about this subject.

Anyway, I changed my plan..
My plan was go to Apple store tomorrow early in the morning, but I'll go AT&T store early in the morning.
Good news for me is there is no line yet on my AT&T store.

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
It is weird because they have said you have to go back to the store and pay the deposit.

That being said, I suspect people have been able to buy phones online from cingular for years and pay a deposit without going into a store. I am not positive on this, but I believe it to be true.

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
I don't think that's true about paying over the phone as I know from experience my deposit had to be paid in store before I could walk with my phone so the same should apply here.

RHJS

Jun 18, 2007
SoCal
Better for me I can get my iPhone and leave and not having to deal with them and my mothers bad credit -_-. I will find a way to get the phone though.