Pay more than $400 for 4GB iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Carrjar

Sep 22, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
www.jaredcarr.com
So, I am finally about to purchase an iPhone and considered the 4GB model because I don't see myself storing a lot of media at one time. I thought I would save approx $100 by purchasing the 4GB. Now, I understand they are no longer making 4GB, and they are sold out in about every store. So, I went to eBay, and found that 4GB were selling for the same or more than 8GB models. Why aren't people just going in and buying 8GB, if they are willing to spend $400.

Hear are my assumptions...
1) Some areas of country are out of both 4GB and 8GB
2) International buyers
3) They want an "unlocked" version

Is there something I'm missing? Looks like a 8GB for me!

jacobjester

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Did you try ordering direct from the Apple store? They may still have some in stock.
[
quote=Carrjar;120960]So, I am finally about to purchase an iPhone and considered the 4GB model because I don't see myself storing a lot of media at one time. I thought I would save approx $100 by purchasing the 4GB. Now, I understand they are no longer making 4GB, and they are sold out in about every store. So, I went to eBay, and found that 4GB were selling for the same or more than 8GB models. Why aren't people just going in and buying 8GB, if they are willing to spend $400.

Hear are my assumptions...
1) Some areas of country are out of both 4GB and 8GB
2) International buyers
3) They want an "unlocked" version

Is there something I'm missing? Looks like a 8GB for me![/quote]