paycay'd and unlocked 1.02 - how to go to AT&T now?

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
i had this question for those who may have gone from an unlocked, paycay'd iPhone to the iPhone plan -- is it possible?

will i need to re-virginize (i don't want to lose 1.02) and then 'activate' when i add the iPhone plan?

or

can i just tell att that i want to use an iPhone .. (i don't know about the activation sequence)

or (last one)

should i re-virginize, update, activate, then jailbreak? (from what i understand 1.1.1 will do much of 1.02 did?)

thanks in advance! (for the record, i did search and couldnt find these answers...)

~tesh

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
you can either get a sim from att and have them activate it manually with the iPhone plan... or you can do a shift click restore and restore 1.0.2 clean and then activate though iTunes.... or hell even upgrade to 1.1.1 its so easy now to jailbreak its not even funny... its a lot easier to jailbreak 1.1.1 than 1.0.2... but to all there own

Oct 9, 2007
or hell even upgrade to 1.1.1 its so easy now to jailbreak its not even funny... its a lot easier to jailbreak 1.1.1 than 1.0.2... but to all there own

whoa, bro why would you recommend that after ALL the DOCUMENTED BRICKING of unlocked 1.0.2 phones?!?! I hope no one listened to that little bit of advice. The rest is of your post was true, however keep in mind because you have an unlocked v1.0.2 that means ANY update in the future will brick your phone unless you used AnySim1.1 to unlock your 1.0.2 phone. In the event that you want to update your firmware you MUST re-virginizer your phone (search iPhone elite team on google and dl their automated script) then restore and update. Cheers

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
NO ONE BRICKS THERE PHONE.... only one person that i know of has ever "BRICKED" and iPhone.... and that was one person on the dev team that killed his raido testing reflashing of the baseband.... you can revirginize it with 1 click now if you add http://i.unlock.no to your sources in installer... then just do a restore and boom you have 1.1.1.... anyway if you don't want 1.1.1 you could just as i already said just shift click the restore button and select the 1.0.2 firmware to the do the restore with....

tesh

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
well thank you guys for all the advice - I'm happy to say that I didn't have to do anything special, i ponied up for the data plan and now im posting fron the car... Lol, im not theone driving for once. I just went to my att branch, got my flirt on... And 10 mins later my WM5 based imei was swapped to the one of my iPhone... So gladly im on 1.02 w/data...

One question, my phone was unlocked and jailbroken when i got it... How do i find out which unlocker was used and if paycay was used or some other method? (residual files or folders maybe?)

Thx ~tesh