Paying for updated apps

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
I have seen in some applications say "free" updates. Will i be notified if the update does have a fee? When I buy and app, i click "buy" as opposed the the "free" button that I click when it is free. So, obivously, I know that I am buying if I click buy, but there is no other notification saying that I am buying it. So I am thinking when I update applications, and there is a fee, am I going to get a notification saying something like, "This update is going to cost $0.99 or whatever the fee may be?
Just curious.

aq.timmy

Aug 3, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
If you bought the app already and it says there is an update available, click on the "Buy"" button. It will automatically pop up and say that you already bought it and the update will be free. You'll still get an invoice for it, but it will say it was a free update.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
If you bought the app already and it says there is an update available, click on the "Buy"" button. It will automatically pop up and say that you already bought it and the update will be free. You'll still get an invoice for it, but it will say it was a free update.
What I am saying is when apps gets updated, how do we know if we are going to be charged for it?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Updates do not charge. They are all free. You still have to give your iTunes password, however.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I find the easiest way is to go through the page that shows the apps you've purchased/downloaded in iTunes. Open iTunes on your Mac, select Applications in the Library source list in the top left. At the bottom of that window where your apps are shown, there's a link to check for updates. Click on that and it will bring you to a page that shows you all the updates available for the apps you have, and you can choose to download individual ones or all of them at once. There's some pop-up message (that you can turn off) that asks you if you want to download them all for free.

This way, you definitely avoid accidentally paying for an app again...