PayPal is not supported on this device?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by JDem, Apr 27, 2014.

1. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

So update to 7.1.1 yesterday, and today I cannot buy Apps or Music in iTunes anymore. The message is as follows:

PAYMENT TYPE
    PayPal is not supported on this device. To manage or change your payment method, go to the iTunes Store on your computer.
    There's a billing problem with a previous purchase. Please update your payment method.

I have gone through iTunes from my Mac and reverified (over and over and over and over again) my payment methods and both my iTunes Smart Connect and my CC are up to date and valid. It gives me a positive verification and then I try again and it still won't work.

Anybody have any thoughts? Just seems weird that this happened since 7.1.1!

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You need to update the credit card info in iTunes on your iPhone, not your Mac. It likely just needs the security code for the credit card. You have to add that in each time you get a new device and occasionally after a restore or update.

3. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Europa, thanks so much for such a quick reply. I've actually tried that already. That is also a place where I get the Payment Type warning up above.

I'm at a loss here. I get the same nonsense no matter how many times I reenter the info or from where.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

You're not alone. I'm seeing complaints about this everywhere. It's just PayPal not being recognized as far as I can tell. They'll probably fix that soon.

5. JDem

JDem Contributor
    Bronze

LOL and with that, it started working all of a sudden. I just tried for about the 20th time to reverify and it worked. I googled this a little while ago and it seems that this glitch has hit right after iOS updates on a number of occasions since 2010. They all say the same thing; neither Apple nor PayPal will acknowledge there's an issue and then miraculously it starts working.