PC blacksout when iPhone connects to iTunes

wreckie

May 3, 2008
as my title speaks
When i plug my iPhone to the computer, the screen says "Waiting for iPhone"
Then It Blacksout and restarts.
and i've done it like 7-9 times
it keeps on happening
and my iPhone has connected to the computer before.
anyone can help?

I'm using:
iPhone v1.1.4
PC Acer windows XP
iTunes v7

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Reboot the computer and log back in.
from the Run line (start->run), type taskmgr.exe
This will bring up the task manager. Click on processes, and then click on Image name to sort the processes by name.
Look for AppleMobileDeviceService.exe If you do not see it, then that's your problem. This service has to be running in order for the PC to see your iPhone.
If you cannot find it under processes, click Start, settings, Control Panel
Click on Administrative Tools, and then Services.
Look for Apple Mobile Device. You need to make sure that it is set to Automatic startup.
Right-click on the name and select properties. in the middle of the window that opens Change the startup type to Automatic, and then hit the start button below it.
Click ok and close Services and Adminitrative tools
Launch iTunes again and it should see your phone.

If the Apple Mobile Device service is already running, then you need to try swapping out the cable and alternately, the USB port

If none of this works, test on another PC with a different cable. If you still have problems after that, it's time to take it back to Apple.

wreckie

May 3, 2008
Reboot the computer and log back in.
from the Run line (start->run), type taskmgr.exe
This will bring up the task manager. Click on processes, and then click on Image name to sort the processes by name.
Look for AppleMobileDeviceService.exe If you do not see it, then that's your problem. This service has to be running in order for the PC to see your iPhone.
If you cannot find it under processes, click Start, settings, Control Panel
Click on Administrative Tools, and then Services.
Look for Apple Mobile Device. You need to make sure that it is set to Automatic startup.
Right-click on the name and select properties. in the middle of the window that opens Change the startup type to Automatic, and then hit the start button below it.
Click ok and close Services and Adminitrative tools
Launch iTunes again and it should see your phone.

If the Apple Mobile Device service is already running, then you need to try swapping out the cable and alternately, the USB port

If none of this works, test on another PC with a different cable. If you still have problems after that, it's time to take it back to Apple.

Its on all the while.
Its auto.
Its about the blackout of the computer
It can read my ipod
but not my iPhone
could it be the computer's fault?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Its on all the while.
Its auto.
It can read my ipod
but not my iPhone
Yes, but test with another PC to be sure.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Its on all the while.
Its auto.
It can read my ipod
but not my iPhone
Have you tried resetting the iPhone? (Press home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously and hold until you see the Apple).

If your computer can read your iPod, but not your iPhone, it doesn't sound like it is your PC.

Here are some previous discussion threads which Hawk referenced:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/help-me-restore-my-iphone-please.10915/

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/please-help-iphone-will-not-sync-to-pc.11689/

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckie

May 3, 2008
Have you tried resetting the iPhone? (Press home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously and hold until you see the Apple).

If your computer can read your iPod, but not your iPhone, it doesn't sound like it is your PC.

Here are some previous discussion threads which Hawk referenced:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/help-me-restore-my-iphone-please.10915/

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/please-help-iphone-will-not-sync-to-pc.11689/

No diff man.
i restarted my iPhone plugged in
the screen gone again
Its Some kind of Blue colour Error Screen that appeared before the restart
I've done all the "services", "Apple mobile device", everything that is stated i've done. No Cure.
I suppose its not bout reading the iPhone
i wanna know why the computer restarts when i plug in the iPhone!
and how to stop the restarting and get the reading

Argh these problem is driving me nuts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I would suggest the easiest thing to try next, uninstall iTunes, reboot, reinstall iTunes so it puts it's DLL's and such back into the OS. Then try connecting it again. It is a free process and relatively fast. The only bad thing is having to rebuild your library from wherever you store your music. I had connection problems on my Vista laptop and that resolved all of them. Hopefully that will fix your issue too.