PC HD crash, how do I get my MP3's back from the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ariel

Jul 31, 2007
Hi there, this is my first post.
I had a western digital My Book with 49.678 Mp3's on it. Over 160GB of music. The drive broke two days ago and now I have to send the drive to a data Recovery Company for an over $1000 repair. :(

My problem is that I can't sync my iPhone, because iTunes can't find the mp3's on the external drive. I NEED A SOFTWARE OR A WAY TO GET MY MP3'S OF THE iPhone. I already tried TANSEE and LENOGO. They don't work.

PLEASE HELP!:mad:

Thxs.

mobilehavoc

Bronze
Jul 12, 2007
Hi there, this is my first post.
I had a western digital My Book with 49.678 Mp3's on it. Over 160GB of music. The drive broke two days ago and now I have to send the drive to a data Recovery Company for an over $1000 repair. :(

My problem is that I can't sync my iPhone, because iTunes can't find the mp3's on the external drive. I NEED A SOFTWARE OR A WAY TO GET MY MP3'S OF THE iPhone. I already tried TANSEE and LENOGO. They don't work.

PLEASE HELP!:mad:

Thxs.
Sorry for your loss but I just had to say...HOLY COW! That's a LOT of music!:eek:

ariel

Jul 31, 2007
Good News!

For everyone out there, with the need to recover all the mp3's & Photos from the iPhone.

TANSEE IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

http://www.tansee.com/

At the beginning I thought that the software wasn't working, but then I got in touch with support and they sent me an email with a new download.

The software is a little tricky, but I noticed that you need iTunes running at the same time, to have Tansee recognize the iPhone.
There is also a version of the software to recover your Photos as well.

Now I still don't have my old drive with 160gb of music, but at least I recovered my library from my iPhone.

Good Stuff.

Martlet

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
Heh, 5% recovery kinda sucks.

If you have a disk based ipod that holds more than your library, you're fine.

But if your library is larger than your iPod, you really should backup your library.

This doesn't necessarily mean running out and buying a 2nd hard drive (though that's a good idea). You could also burn all, or just the more important ones, to DVDs. A 20-pack of blank DVD's is a fairly cheap investment.

Of course, if you have the originals, you already have a backup.

If you have it all somewhere else like an iPod, another drive, or DVDs, you already have a backup.

If your friend somehow seems to have all the same music you do, you already have a backup.