PC / MAC internet sharing from iPhone

ladadance

Feb 13, 2008
Planet Earth
Hey!
I am start looking for some tutorials online how to share your iPhone connection with PC Laptop (Vista) or MAC Laptop, I have ATT data plan, my friend using other phone device to share connection with his PC and speed amazing 1.45Mpbs based on SpeakEasy test...
any suggestions?

Hey!
I am start looking for some tutorials online how to share your iPhone connection with PC Laptop (Vista) or MAC Laptop, I have ATT data plan, my friend using other phone device to share connection with his PC and speed amazing 1.45Mpbs based on SpeakEasy test...
any suggestions?
You can't do that with an iPhone and with edge, it would be just too painful and slow to make it worth it. You can however share the Macs WiFi connection with the iPhone by enabling internet sharing on the Mac.

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
You can however share the Macs WiFi connection with the iPhone by enabling internet sharing on the Mac.
You can also enable Internet Connection Sharing on a PC and share your wifi with your iPhone that way. Right now there's no way to share your iPhone's connection with your Pc.
I use Motorola Phone Tools with my RAZR phone to share Internet with my laptop. When connected via 3G it's very fast and works great. Too bad you can't do it with an iPhone... Yet.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
There is a way of sharing your iPhone's Internet connection with your mac/pc to take DvNtage of your unlimited data plan if your iPhone is jailbroken.