PC Official DVD to iPhone Software Discussion for PC Users

Discussion in 'DVD to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch' started by chris, Jul 21, 2007.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

The following is a list of software titles available that will allow you to convert your DVD's into MPEG-4 format playable on your iPhone. Beware of products that claim to be FREE (outside of what we tell you). Some companies bait you with "free" software and use a watermark making the resulting conversion useless.

Videora appears to be the most highly recommended tool for this purpose.
    Please send me a PM if you feel there is an app I should include in this list.

If you'd like to start a discussion on a particular app, please create using subject:
    Official Using {INSERT PRODUCT NAME} for DVD to iPhone Video Conversion and then reply to this message so I can add a link from here.

These threads will not be created for representatives of these companies, especially those who have spent the bulk of their time spamming the EIP forums. They are intended for members of this forum and will help keep a sense of organization around the hot topic of iPhone to DVD video conversion.

This discussion thread is not to endorse or recommend any illegal copying or sharing of copyrighted materials. It's for members to discuss how they are converting DVD's they own in a format playable on the iPhone.

Questions, comments... send me a PM.

#1 chris, Jul 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. xoulo

xoulo New Member
    Bronze

i will consider to buy one of the product above when the movie "300" come out on dvd

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Not to go off topic so quickly, but I've got my Blu Ray on order for 300. ;)

Okay, not let's get back on topic.

4. Lazarus

Lazarus Member
    Bronze

hey i'm usin Videora and it works great just like PSP Video 9 does. But how can i make a widescreen DVD show full screen on the iPhone? and i already double tapped on the screen, it just zooms in a bit but still stuck with black borders on top&bottom.

5. xoulo

xoulo New Member
    Bronze

videora and those other handbrake software didn't work for me. or it did but took too long because i first gotta decode it and then use another system to convert it to mpe4.
    last night i bought a software called PQ DVD converter. for 29 dollars
    it works wonderful. give you plenty of options to choose from and i only had to go through the whole conversion with a touch of a button
    :laugh2:

6. spy008

spy008 Member
    Bronze

Clonedvd mobile

CloneDVDMobile from slysoft.com is the easiest no hassle coversion software I've used. Like 3 mouse clicks and you're copying dvd's into any format you want. You do need to run their anydvd software in the background.

7. Cucusoft iPhone Video Converter Suite

Cucusoft iPhone Video Converter Suite is an all-in-one iPhone video Conversion software solution. It is really a wonderful tool.

8. Lazarus

Lazarus Member
    Bronze

anybody know if this is possible?

9. Mustangous

Mustangous New Member
    Bronze

How does it work with the boarders for a widescreem movie?

I assume it keeps the resolution though and will get the black lines on top and bottom? This might be software revision for the iPhone that could solve this...

10. iphonexu

iphonexu Guest

for those who are looking for a good dvd to iPhone converter on windows platform, you may take a look at ****SPAM***** for help, but there is no converters works for everyone, the one actually works on your computer is the best for you, try before you spend your money.

11. PQ DVD to iPhone Converter, I like the milky interface of this software although it is kind of plain. The Mac-style icons on it are quite direct and user friendly. I can use the scroll bar to set the aspect ratio and the output size. It's convenient.

12. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

I have posted this before but I have used my son's program for his PSP where it converts your DVD's you already own into mp4. It's called 123PSPmovie and they sell it at Target for like $29. After it converts you just drag and click to iTunes. It does take about an hour and a half to two hours depending on the length of the DVD. But I just leave it running and go do other things and when I come back the movie is there. Oh, and a helpful hint, disable the screen saver because if your screen saver comes on you have to start all over. I learned this the hard way.:(

13. seb481

seb481 New Member
    Silver

I learned this the hardway too... And I am still learning.... 1 time out of 5 I forget to turn off screensaver or auto-hybernate. :sick:

14. saaber

saaber New Member
    Bronze

Clone dvd mobile gives you three options for the widescreen borders. You can have it full screen, medium borders, or large borders/full widescreen. On full screen it leaves a very small border on some movies but on most there are no borders. I use full screen all the time for iPhone (but for the TV I like to watch DVD ins widescreen). Very good product and they have a free 21 day full version trial to try it out. I have had excellent luck with these guys' products.

15. leandermx

leandermx Guest

This kind of program captures the scene and save it as another format. Very low efficient and bad quality way. At least, the one I'm using never encountered this problem. It worked well even if the screensaver was working.
    Sorry I can't tell you the name, because the admin will ban my account.

16. browntony62

browntony62 New Member

That's so good
    I could try all of these softwares and make a decision by myself
    Thanks!

17. Mustangous

Mustangous New Member
    Bronze

So what does everyone use to conver mp4's or other video files to dvd?
    Also for some odd reason iTunes doesn't see my mp4 file to upload. It only sees mpeg files and wont let me upload. any one know why?

18. ClamsJager

ClamsJager New Member

Ive been ripping dvd's and software disks for personal backup and storage on my server or to use on my laptop when traveling. I personally love using Ultra ISO, its free via download. What it does is rips a complete image of the dvd, meaning full size image (up to 4.8gig) only thing is you need another program to read/convert the iso, for this i use daemon tools which emulates a drive on your computer, or multiple drives. Then you need to convert the iso into a video file and compress it. as of yet i haven't had to do this step, once i get my iPhone i will update this on how i go about compressing for veiwing on the iPhone.

19. Wet1

Wet1 New Member
    Bronze

Any feedback on SUPER?

Also, what settings are you guys using to get the best A/V playback quality on your iPhone?

20. Wet1

Wet1 New Member
    Bronze

I downloaded Super and gave it a try, but I have some questions which I also asked in the software forum, but this seems like the relevant place to ask them.

I'm trying to convert an .avi file for use on my iPhone and could use some help with output settings. I'm using SUPER c and I'm wondering what settings you guys use in your software to optimize size and iPhone playback quality for the following outputs:

VIDEO
    Video Output: Mpeg-4 or AVC?
    Video Scale Size: (ie: 320x240, 640x360...)?
    Aspect: Always use 4:3, 16:9, or use whatever ratio the original file is?
    Frames/Sec: I assume this should be 25fps?
    Bit Rate: 672 kbps, 720 kbps, 1056 kbps...?

AUDIO
    Sampling Freq: 44100, 44000...?
    Bit Rate: 64 kbps, 96 kbps, 128 kbps...?

Lastly, on the one file I attempted converting (and can't test until tonight), I noticed the resulting file was about twice the size (4.08MB before vs. 7.69MB after). Is that normal? If so, why? The output file saved as a ".avi.mp4" file, is that correct?

Sorry for all the naive questions, this is all completely new to me...
    Thanks for your help guys!