Pdanet v1.52 Vista (code=9) - HELP!

daveske

May 18, 2009
Hey guys,

Been browsing here for a while now and can find pretty much everything i need to know about anything iPhone related here via search or browsing which is awesome!
So i got a new iPhone 3g 16gb about 2 weeks ago and immediately JB and when overboard on getting every exciting app under the sun.

Now for the problem. Iv been trying to get pdanet to work for my laptop. Iv followed all the steps from: http://blog.timolthof.com/pdanet-iphone-how-to-guide/
Which is very easy since it is Vista also. Iv toyed with the step

"Go to your iPhone and go to Settings then Wi-Fi Networks. Click on the wireless adhoc connection you just created, in my case iPhone 3G. Press the blue arrow to bring you to the settings. Press on the Static tab and enter the following details, leaving the rest blank.
IP Address: 169.254.70.84
Subnet Mask: 255.255.0.0"

Iv done this, and iv also left it blank.

When i connect to the network created by my laptop with my iPhone i get the tick that states i am connected to a wireless network on my iPhone, however my laptop still states "Not connected- waiting for users to connect to your adhoc network"

So when i open pdanet. Pdanet says "please go to wifi settings and connect to computers peer to peer network"

Alternatively if i plug in the USB and do USB mode, PDAnet states i am ready and to right click the icon and click connect.
However the laptop gives me this error.

Unable to connect to PdaNet (code=9)
Please make sure Sync connection to your iPhone has been established.

Sorry for the longwinded post! Couldnt find any answers on any FAQ's / searches. :eek:

daveske

May 18, 2009
I got it working!

If anybody needs to know what the issue was in case they have the same Code=9 problem.

Make sure it is from the official site! Lol

But the 64-bit from http://www.junefabrics.com/desktop/
"Download PdaNet Desktop Client beta for 64 bit Vista only"

I must have downloaded an unofficial 'latest version 2.0'. Or one that was not compatible with the iPhone.