PdaNet

MaverickC17

Bronze
Dec 29, 2007
Is it possible to tether another iPhone(Edge) or iPod Touch to my iPhone 3G with PdaNet?

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I was playing around trying to tether my PSP with it also and that won't work either, although you can create ad hoc networks they are PSP specific.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
I can't seem to establish a connection with PDAnet...what am i doing wrong?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
First mistake: not enough details. I don't use the program, but whoever does is probably going to need a bit more to go on.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yes the search button works awesome.

i use it extensively, have you ever got it to work or what? sometimes it can be a little interesting to figure out how to work, but it always does. pm me with more details and i'll get you squared away.

jerrettpaul

Bronze
Sep 10, 2007
Denton, TX
Hey guys!

thanks for all of the replies! with a little poking around i finally figured it out!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I need some help too! Here's what I do:

1. Make a new ad hoc connection on my Vista PC with "iPhoneNet" as the name, no encryption.
2. Log onto "iPhoneNet" from my phone. The icon at the top changes to a WiFi signal but then changes back to a 3G symbol.
3. My computer logs on to "iPhoneNet", but does not load webpages. (If you know Vista, it gives me the two computers, but not the two computers with the globe between them, which indicates that you have Internet access.)

Is the icon at the top supposed to stay as WiFi even though my computer will be using my phone's 3G signal? And if it's supposed to be a WiFi symbol, why is my phone switching back to 3G? I check my WiFi settings and it says I'm logged onto "iPhoneNet" but the 3G symbol is still at the top.

Arkapigdiesel

Bronze
Jan 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
I need some help too! Here's what I do:

1. Make a new ad hoc connection on my Vista PC with "iPhoneNet" as the name, no encryption.
2. Log onto "iPhoneNet" from my phone. The icon at the top changes to a WiFi signal but then changes back to a 3G symbol.
3. My computer logs on to "iPhoneNet", but does not load webpages. (If you know Vista, it gives me the two computers, but not the two computers with the globe between them, which indicates that you have Internet access.)

Is the icon at the top supposed to stay as WiFi even though my computer will be using my phone's 3G signal? And if it's supposed to be a WiFi symbol, why is my phone switching back to 3G? I check my WiFi settings and it says I'm logged onto "iPhoneNet" but the 3G symbol is still at the top.
1. Click on your active connection in the Windows task bar and choose "connect or disconnect"
2. Double click your ad-hoc network that you created
3. Go into the wi-fi options of your iPhone and choose the ad-hoc network name you created on your PC
4. Go into the PDA Net app and allow it to run and connect with your PC

Once you connect via your ad hoc network and establish the connection through PDANet, your wi-fi signal will go away and you will then be using the AT&T network (that's how it's supposed to work).

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
1. Click on your active connection in the Windows task bar and choose "connect or disconnect"
2. Double click your ad-hoc network that you created
3. Go into the wi-fi options of your iPhone and choose the ad-hoc network name you created on your PC
4. Go into the PDA Net app and allow it to run and connect with your PC

Once you connect via your ad hoc network and establish the connection through PDANet, your wi-fi signal will go away and you will then be using the AT&T network (that's how it's supposed to work).
Ok thanks for your help. I go into PdaNet and it says "PdaNet WiFi Router need to initialized first. Please restart your iPhone." So I restart it and my phone connects to my home WiFi automatically on a restart so I have to manually choose the ad-hoc network again. Then I go back to PdaNet and I get the same error message to restart my phone.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Can multiple computers log onto PdaNet if I use an ad hoc network? If so, then I'd much prefer that.

Survivor61

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Anyone tried this today? Seems I can only use the web browser now, anything that uses a different port other then 80 won't work. Tried under OSX and Windows. It worked last week just fine.

Wonder if AT&T is blocking stuff now due to 3.0 or whatever.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I just paid the $29 for it since the 10 day trial expired. Great app.