PDF issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jmbaker429, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

When I first got the 4s I had no problems with viewing PDFs. I have not done an update and am still on 5.0. But now I cannot view any PDFs at all even trying to use iBooks it will not let me. I am sure if I update or do a restore it would probably fix it. I have already done a hard restart. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues with viewing PDFs at all or if it's just me?

2. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

What happens when you view PDFs? For me I experience an issue when the PDFs I'm trying to view are big... Third party apps don't work either, not even Adobe's. I think it's a bug with iOS5.

I'm on 5.0.1 btw.

3. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Hmmmm. I just opened an 11mb, 800 page PDF in Adobe, iBook and Goodreader without any problems. I'm also on 5.0.1 iPhone 4S. Are you guys getting errors?

4. scrum30

scrum30 New Member

hi hope you can help, when i receive an email with an attachment or pdf file they show up on my laptop and i can open them however their is no sign of them on my iPhone 4s?

5. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I think I figured out my issue kinda with the PDF's on my phone. I get them every pay cycle from my admin office at work. And they were not downloading all the way or opening. I had roofmonkey send me some random PDFs to my personal email and they work fine. So now I think it was either my work email acting up or just the way our admin was attatching the file.

6. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

For me when I open a >30MB PDF it totally lags... and I only get blank pages.

7. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I will have to check the size and see what they were. That could be part of my problem too.

8. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I looked at a couple and they average 90kb which is rather tiny.

9. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I would say its something from admin then. But you get them just fine. Oh well. Guess its just gonna go insettled. Maybe after next update it will just start working again.