PDF viewer usability questions.

Jan 16, 2008
Hi,

I am looking at getting the ipod touch, but i need to find out how good it will be for my primary purpose, PDF viewing.

I want to know how well it handles big PDF's, BIG pdf's!
like 40MB 900 page IT book big.

i have a lot of these and it's a pain to carry around big books with me all the time, so being able to carry with me in an easy to use manner would be awesome!

I played with one in a local shop here, i downloaded a PDF i found on the net, but it wasn't so big, but it was very nice to look at and browse and read, so i wanted to know how it can handle the big ones.

Also, do the chapter markers work well with the viewers as well?

Thanks,

if no one can help i will try uploading one of my books to my website and browse to that with an in-store ipod touch (although that will be using the safari pdf viewer, no the jail broken copy.)

Touchey

Jan 16, 2008
That's BIG

I have been using PDF viewer for my work and will testify to the fact that it works very well. I'd now be lost without it.

My applications however are all 1 to 8 page price sheets and company materials, nothing that large. I would think that the developer of that program would be the best to question about size. I'm sure a quick google could put you in touch with him.

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks,

If u could try loading a big assed file and seeing how it handles would be great! If u don't have any then i am sure someone can test it out,
otherwise, who is the developer?

Touchey

Jan 16, 2008
conceitedsoftware.com makes the pdf-viewer, give them a try, I don't have a file anywhere that big.

Jan 16, 2008
I was able to load the mitchell report to the iPhone...
And how well does it handle it?

does it chugg along? or only load the current page to memory?

that file must be around 15-20MB.