PDF viewer usability questions.

Jan 16, 2008
Hi,

I am looking at getting the ipod touch, but i need to find out how good it will be for my primary purpose, PDF viewing.

I want to know how well it handles big PDF's, BIG pdf's!
like 40MB 900 page IT book big.

i have a lot of these and it's a pain to carry around big books with me all the time, so being able to carry with me in an easy to use manner would be awesome!

I played with one in a local shop here, i downloaded a PDF i found on the net, but it wasn't so big, but it was very nice to look at and browse and read, so i wanted to know how it can handle the big ones.

Also, do the chapter markers work well with the viewers as well?

Thanks,

if no one can help i will try uploading one of my books to my website and browse to that with an in-store ipod touch (although that will be using the safari pdf viewer, no the jail broken copy.)

Touchey

Jan 16, 2008
That's BIG

I have been using PDF viewer for my work and will testify to the fact that it works very well. I'd now be lost without it.

My applications however are all 1 to 8 page price sheets and company materials, nothing that large. I would think that the developer of that program would be the best to question about size. I'm sure a quick google could put you in touch with him.

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks,

If u could try loading a big assed file and seeing how it handles would be great! If u don't have any then i am sure someone can test it out,
otherwise, who is the developer?