Pebble or wait for iWatch?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
So why do you think you'd like the iWatch if you have no use for pebble? Just curious.
Don't know. I may not have use for it either. Depends on what it offers. I'll most likely not be able to justify the cost with it either. Is it really worth $200+ for notifications you get on your phone? It just seems more gimmicky to me than practical.

Sent from TapaTalk just because!

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Don't know. I may not have use for it either. Depends on what it offers. I'll most likely not be able to justify the cost with it either. Is it really worth $200+ for notifications you get on your phone? It just seems more gimmicky to me than practical.

Sent from TapaTalk just because!
If the rumors are true, iwatch's main focus will be health, perhaps that would be a compelling reason to get it.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I know this is an old thread...

Has anyone bought a Pebble Watch recently? I'm thinking of getting one!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using iCafe Forums

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I know this is an old thread...

Has anyone bought a Pebble Watch recently? I'm thinking of getting one!
I think if you look around, you can find some good deals on them. I have had 2 and I really do love it.
Especially for work and now I never miss a call. It always alerts me when I am away from my phone.
Of course you have to be in Blue Tooth Range. But I can actually get a pretty good distance from it before it drops.
I will probably break down and get the Apple Watch too. But for the time being, I could not do without my pebble. If I lost I would certainly go get another one.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I think if you look around, you can find some good deals on them. I have had 2 and I really do love it.
Especially for work and now I never miss a call. It always alerts me when I am away from my phone.
Of course you have to be in Blue Tooth Range. But I can actually get a pretty good distance from it before it drops.
I will probably break down and get the Apple Watch too. But for the time being, I could not do without my pebble. If I lost I would certainly go get another one.

I actually ended up buying one and returning it within an hour yesterday! It's huge!! I guess I have a small wrist, it looked gigantic and was very uncomfortable.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I actually ended up buying one and returning it within an hour yesterday! It's huge!! I guess I have a small wrist, it looked gigantic and was very uncomfortable.
Did you get the Plastic one or the Metal? The metal are much thinner. The plastic ones were way too thick for me. I kept hitting it on everything. Try a Pebble Steel. You'll like it.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Did you get the Plastic one or the Metal? The metal are much thinner. The plastic ones were way too thick for me. I kept hitting it on everything. Try a Pebble Steel. You'll like it.

I'm allergic to most metals so I had to get the plastic :(

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm allergic to most metals so I had to get the plastic :(
Have you ever tried a semi-expensive watch (one that's $100 or more)? I used to think I was allergic to most metals as well. Turns out it was just the nickel they use in cheap watches. Nickel is one of the major skin irritants in jewelry. All the watches I had as a kid gave me a rash because they had nickel in them. I started getting Swatches in high school since they were plastic since I thought I was allergic to metal in general. I knew gold was okay because my earrings were fine. It doesn't have to be a precious metal or plastic, though. Once I started getting more expensive metal watches with stainless steel that had no nickel in them, I was fine. I bet you would be just fine with a metal Pebble or Apple watch.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
The Pebble Steel actually comes with 2 bands and 2 different colors. I choose black which is made from the same metal the Iphone 5's were. It's like a powder coated steel. Which makes it black, then there is a stainless steel. But both Steel watches come with a leather band. I just know this design is much thinner than the original plastic Pebbles.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
The Pebble Steel actually comes with 2 bands and 2 different colors. I choose black which is made from the same metal the Iphone 5's were. It's like a powder coated steel. Which makes it black, then there is a stainless steel. But both Steel watches come with a leather band. I just know this design is much thinner than the original plastic Pebbles.
I wasn't aware it came with a leather band also! I may look back into it.

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
Have you ever tried a semi-expensive watch (one that's $100 or more)? I used to think I was allergic to most metals as well. Turns out it was just the nickel they use in cheap watches. Nickel is one of the major skin irritants in jewelry. All the watches I had as a kid gave me a rash because they had nickel in them. I started getting Swatches in high school since they were plastic since I thought I was allergic to metal in general. I knew gold was okay because my earrings were fine. It doesn't have to be a precious metal or plastic, though. Once I started getting more expensive metal watches with stainless steel that had no nickel in them, I was fine. I bet you would be just fine with a metal Pebble or Apple watch.
I had a Fossil watch that didn't bother me. I may look back into the Pebble Watch.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
The Best Buy pebble steel comes with just the leather band.

coop1701

Zealot
Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I got a cheap metal band for it on amazon, I have not found solid metal link bands for pebble steel though :(
I bought my first one from Best Buy. Just the cheap plastic one. Thanks to it being on sale and having a best buy gift card. I only had to pay 37 dollars. I kind of got addicted to it. So I sold it and bought a Pebble Steel from Pebble. I went with the black. But I will say the quality of the black metal band is horrible. In 3 days my desk at work had worn the black off underneath it. So I have just being using the leather band. However I may look for a replacement metal band so.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Yes that's my only gripe with the steel. I'm using the leather for now until Apple watch comes out then it's good bye pebble :)

B89rent89

Bronze
Sep 19, 2012
I'm thinking of getting the Bam Bam.