People already breaking their iPhone 6 and 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by JWiPhone, Sep 22, 2014.

1. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

2. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

I never understood those people who will drop them on purpose to see if they break? It's made of metal and glass of course it's going to break! I feel like some of these people are trying to gain something by posting there broken iPhones! I just don't get it

3. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

There are the reviewers who are probably compensated for testing the iPhones for durability and conduct drop tests. Then you have regular users who due to carelessness or just bad luck end up breaking their iPhones. It is bound to happen with over 10 million sold to date.

4. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Yeah hopefully apple recycles them quickly and shines them up! So the people who are waiting can get one sooner! LOL

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

And it costs over $300 to replace a screen. AppleCare+ would cover it, but not plain AppleCare.

6. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

Used AC+ many times.

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

And what's the cost difference between the two?

8. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

The new ibendy. some structural engineer is going to get fired for this. you should be able to carry your phone in your pocket. were the hell eles are your suppose to put it when not in use

9. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

I do believe it's not just a simple screen replacement. but a whole new chassis. and maybe even a whole new board cause there may be broken contacts. may as well just give the user a brand new one.

10. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

OK, for once I did my own quick research. It looks like APple Care is for everything EXCEPT iPhones and iPads and the cost varies by product.

Apple Care+ on the other hand is for iPhones and iPads and is $99 per device.

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've never had AppleCare or AppleCare+. My 1 year Warranty has been with Verizon. But that is probably AppleCare.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Wait'll MoneyMaker drops his next February 8th.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

14. JackRouach

JackRouach Member
    Bronze

I don't know I had the s3 s4 then note 3 now s5 and waiting for the note 4. I have a iPhone from work and own many apple products but saying it happens to other devices well everything can bend but no other device bends so easily so let's stop that. I abuse my note 3 I can't count the times I have it in my back pocket and sat down and never bent yet my Co worker who wears skinny jeans (a problem in itself) bent his phone after such a short time. So yes this is a apple problem

15. DDickie

DDickie New Member

I cannot understand the mentality of the person who deliberately put a brand-new iPhone 6 into a microwave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 DDickie, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  16. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I don't think it's a Apple Problem... If I put toast in my back pocket. The toast gets bent and I know this. So is it the bread makers fault or mine...? Mine because I was dumb enough to put my toast in my back pocket instead of putting it on a plate.

17. JackRouach

JackRouach Member
    Bronze

Why would anyone be stupid enough to put a phone in the microwave. . And I put my phone in my back pocket all the time and guess what no bend nothing

18. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Stupid is as stupid does ...

19. igadgetlady

igadgetlady Member
    Bronze

I can't believe that people have broken them so soon. You would think they would take extra care of their new iPhones. I wonder if anybody is set up to fix these screen yet?

20. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

I think they are just trying to get there charging times as fast as the new android phones coming out. 50% charge in 30mins