People are yellow

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I went ahead and sent my phone back via Fed ex today to be replaced since there was nothing said about it today during the conference. My pictures are awful! It happens outside without flash just not as bad. It seems to only be people that turn yellow and nothing else. Inside with flash turns out really bad!

Attachments

rtgc2003

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
DFW,TX
yes when I went to the Apple store they said a replacement might do the same thing.. Hope a software update fixes this.

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
Your new phone will likely do the samething. My phone does that as well. Did u ever try moving the camera back a few feet?
Sent from my iPhone using iCafe
Yeah I tried it from many feet away and it still does it. I hope the new phone won't do it. If so I guess I will have to wait for a software update. I've heard some people actually got good phones so I hope I'm one of the lucky ones.

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I hope they exchange mine. The lady said that they will look at it and see if it can be fixed if so they will. I will be happy with it being either fixed or replaced as long as it doesn't make people yellow. :)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I hope they exchange mine. The lady said that they will look at it and see if it can be fixed if so they will. I will be happy with it being either fixed or replaced as long as it doesn't make people yellow. :)
They're exchanging mine Sunday. I have an hour and a half drive to the nearest Apple store, so I called to confirm that they will indeed exchange mine per the conversation I had with Apple last week. He said if the restore didn't work, then replacement is next. I hope to be able to make sure the replacement doesn't have the same yellowing effect.

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
Rt, if you go back for another exchange, send them here to the forums. It's what worked for me.
That's what I did when the tech on the phone said I was the only one to complain about this issue. I told her to get on here and look at how many people was actually affected by this. I also told her to look on Apple's own forum at the number of people on there with this problem. I'm hoping that will help them to see the real problem.

rtgc2003

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
DFW,TX
I also told them about the forum but they didn't care either...they said like always that I was the first to have this problem.They couldn't replace mine.. The person who helped me said her phone has the same problem and also it's more of a software problem that hardware that's what another genius told me. Guess I'll jut wait for a bit. Cause I wasted a whole hour for of my time and they just said sorry can't replace it if we can't duplicate the problem. Even thow I had pics to show them.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I just arranged for an exchange after a conversation with Apple support. Mine had the yellow pictures, the wifi would disconnect randomly and ask for password and the grip of death though no disconnects. They will send a new one and I get to send mine back. You guys think I was just too picky? I think I was justified in doing this. Opinions?

Skb2000

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 1, 2010
Scottsdale, AZ
www.sherrylbuchler.com
I just arranged for an exchange after a conversation with Apple support. Mine had the yellow pictures, the wifi would disconnect randomly and ask for password and the grip of death though no disconnects. They will send a new one and I get to send mine back. You guys think I was just too picky? I think I was justified in doing this. Opinions?
I think you are entitled to a product that works. You had a defective unit and when you did the right thing, Apple responded appropriately.

Ltzguy

Zealot
Gold
Jun 22, 2010
Right here
travis 039.jpg
travis 040.jpg

i have the yellow pic problem too. I took a pic with my phone and then with my wifes phone. Hers looks white where it should and mine looks yellow. I bought them at the same time, we have the same cases and same screen protectors. I even texted her pic to me to see if it would look yellow when I got her pic...nope. There is definitely something wrong with my phone. i made an appt. with Apple for tomorrow. Are they exchanging phones because of this? I have restored mine also..no luck.

faithfulfatherof2

Bronze
Jun 4, 2009
Louisiana
I called Apple about the problem 9 days ago. The tech acted like he had never heard of the problem so I directed him here on the forums. They said to go to the nearest Apple store so a genius could do a diagnosis. I told them the nearest store was 3 hrs away and how are they going to compensate me for wasting my time and gas plus losing my full zagg shield. Well I drove to Houston last Saturday and they replaced my phone and gave me a free bumper. We tested the phone there and no yellowing. I got home and BAM, I have yellow pictures. I called Apple back again This past Friday and again he acted like he had never heard of the problem and will research it and get back to me. He called back 5 minutes later and said he had an appointment for me in Baton Rouge this time since the Houston store was out of replacements due to iPhone 4 problems. He said more complaints are filed about this than the reception issue. He was astonished at the amount of claims. I go Wednesday evening to get a phone. Here is the kicker. I called Baton Rouge Apple and spoke to an employee who said they had a few 32gb left but couldn't reserve one for me. I told the guy if I drive ANOTHER 3 hrs (yes I live smack in the middle between Houston and Baton rouge) they will be compensating me for another zagg on this phone and the Guy said they would give me a bumper for my trouble and for another wasted zagg. I said wait y'all are giving bumpers away for free and that is not an acceptable solution. He said and I quote "oh, you know about that?" now I am pissed but on the phone so getting angry is pointless. I will let them know when I get there Wednesday that his little comment really ticked me off and I will be letting his boss know about what he said. By the way this the Apple genius who said this so I will be face to face with him. I will be testing this phone in indoor lighting as the Apple stores have lighting so bright it practically burns your irises out! I also will be getting a dock and bumper for my trouble! If I have to drive 3 hrs and lose another thirty dollars I will be getting compensated. I will report back on this issue. Best Buy put on my zagg but will not honor the warranty because of getting my phone replaced. Can you take off the zagg shield a week after it has been put on?