Per-order under iPhone 5 under son name

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by the watcher, Sep 16, 2012.

1. the watcher

the watcher Member
    Bronze

Ok so I was not eligible for iPhone 5, so I ordered it under my sons name he is eligible, so my question is, once the iPhone comes on Friday will I be able to just sign into the iPhone 5 wih my ID and password, and give my iPhone 4 to him so he can do the same, I'm thinking it should be that easy am I wrong ?

2. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

You will have to contact the phone carrier to have the numbers ported over to each phone.

3. Girdler

Girdler Contributor
    Bronze

You would have to get the IMEI number from each phone and call your cell phone provider to associate the right phone with the right number.

4. iigreatoneii

iigreatoneii Member
    Bronze

Good luck with this! I did this last year with the iPhone 4s and had nothing but trouble. I was at AT&T for 3 days afterwards and had no phone in the mean time. If you have any problems, try an Apple Store first, AT&T finally sent me there because the phone was "defective" and they had an AT&T rep on the spot and he knew exactly how to handle it. It was resolved in 5 minutes after that point. You just need someone who knows what they're doing... :)

5. dapurplenurple

Bronze

Last year, I pre-ordered a 4S under a new line for my son. When it arrived, I went ahead and activated the 4S through iTunes. I then switched the SIM cards for both (4 and 4S) and haven't had any issues since. I'm with AT&T btw... Didn't have to phone in the associated IMEI's of either phone.

It's not gonna be as simple if you're going from a 4S to a 5 because of the Micro to Nano SIM change unless you want to do the chop job on your current SIM but then you'd need an adapter to move the Nano SIM to the 4S. Hopefully, you can just give AT&T a call to set things up for you once the phone arrives.

6. GSXRMike

GSXRMike Member
    Silver

You can't chop a micro sim to the nano sim. It's about 15%, thinner also. Unless u can figure out how to shave exactly 15% off, it won't fit.

7. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

There are videos already how to do it. It just take sanding the sim card down for thickness. But you really need a digital micrometer to do it right.