Persistent updates but never shows up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Smarty2600

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I'm running ios 6 and my App Store always shows a 2. Like I have 2 apps to update but it doesn't show any updates. And I have actually updated some apps since the problem appeared but the 2 goes away sometimes and then always shows up again.

Sent using iCafe app

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
That is strange, but has happened to me before. If this does happen again, you could try to fully close the App Store and reopen it to check for updates. Or you can update the apps via iTunes and sync your iPhone.

Sent using iCafe app

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I have the same exact issue. Running iOS6 jailbroken. It shows that two apps have updates, when I go into the updates, there's nothing there. Other updates have come and gone but the alert for two keeps appearing. I have rebooted, synced done every update. I wonder if it's just telling me that iOS7 is available.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I have the same exact issue. Running iOS6 jailbroken. It shows that two apps have updates, when I go into the updates, there's nothing there. Other updates have come and gone but the alert for two keeps appearing. I have rebooted, synced done every update. I wonder if it's just telling me that iOS7 is available.
Certain jailbreak tweaks/apps can cause this. I found a thread on another forum where uninstalling NoLockScreen in Cydia resolved the problem for one person.