Personal Finance app

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I'm trying to find an app that would give me a snapshot of all my checking accounts and credit cards to let me know what my available balances are. I was going through earlier threads and Mint seems to be a good one. Any other recommendations?

I currently use Check for tracking my bills and for due dates.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I'm trying to find an app that would give me a snapshot of all my checking accounts and credit cards to let me know what my available balances are. I was going through earlier threads and Mint seems to be a good one. Any other recommendations?

I currently use Check for tracking my bills and for due dates.

You're a college student and have more than one checking account? Back when I was a student at the University of North Alabama, I was lucky to have $10 for beer, much less multiple checking accounts. :D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
Well, no. I have one checking account and one saving account. Also, I have four credit cards and a student checking account.

I like to be smart with my finances.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Mint is my recommendation as well. The site and app are great, it monitors your spending patterns and tells you if things look out of the ordinary. I got an email right after buying my iPhone 6+ saying that my technical spending was not normal. It said I usually spend $150 a month in this category but this month I spent $700. You get a monthly financial snapshot. It tells me when upcoming bills are due, it tells me when a credit card has charged a monthly fee. The only "negative" is that in order to take advantage of all it has to offer, you have to allow it access to your accounts. I fought with that idea for a long time before I finally gave it my info. Haven't had one concern with it since.

Kurt
Phoenix, AZ

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
We've been using an app/program called YNAB (You Need a Budget). If you have the discipline to keep your info current, the thing has great promise. You can check it out what others think about it as a budgeting philosophy, etc. by viewing its Reddit sub. There's also a sub dedicated to personal finance there.
YMMV