Personal Pickup Available for iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Air' started by chris, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Phreddyl

Phreddyl Member
    Bronze

Thanks. My guess is 16 is enough.

2. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

Any more word on this? I was hoping I could get an indication on whether they have same day pickup available based on the Europe launch but someone said that in store pickup is never an option for Europe? That it has only been rolled out in the US and Canada?

Might just have to get up early and see for myself.

Sent using iCafe app

3. Phreddyl

Phreddyl Member
    Bronze

Everything I have heard indicates yes

4. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

ordered pickup today gotta sleep

5. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

Just ordered. No issues with site. I'm picking it up before noon. Film at 11.

Sent using iCafe app

6. |3are

|3are Member
    Silver

Yup. Ordered mine at 2 AM. Just got the email that it's ready for pickup and the store doesn't even open for another hour. Wheeeee

Sent using iCafe app

7. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Wouldn't the film be at 1 or maybe 11 pm?

8. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

You know what I mean! I'm heading out in a few with my dad. BTW. Ordering was simple so I guess there is quite a bit of supply.

Sent using iCafe app

9. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Supplies seem plentiful....everywhere but my local area. It is 6 AM. Just called Wal-Mart. They said likely not til tomorrow. Fred Meyer said mid-november when I talked to them yesterday.

The only place sure to have them today is the local AT&T Store, but they of course don't carry the Wi-Fi only model, and in looking at the AT&T Website, it appears that they are discounting things $100, however, you have to sign up for a 2 year contract for a data plan for it. So, that is much less appealing than it was last night when I set up a 9 AM in store appointment to go get one.

10. steverino57

steverino57 New Member

Personal pickup doesn't work. At least not in the Apple store in Roosevelt field Long Island. I waited 50 minutes with five customers in front of me, who all bought on line. They have no reasonable working system. They say they have glitches but they are just incapable of doing this. When you get to the front of the line they get somebody to retrieve your order. After more than ten minutes no one showed. During that time customer service **** until someone finally gets your iPad, and then they move on to the next customer. Never again.

Sent using iCafe app

#30 steverino57, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
  11. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

Personal pickup was a nightmare at the Manhasset Long Island store. I ordered online around 3:15 am. At 8:20 am I got an email stating the order was ready. I should have read the email closer. It was only partially ready. The Smart Cover was ready but the iPad was not ready. When I got to the store at 10:35 the guy said they have iPads but I'd have to void my order and then buy an iPad as if I was a walk in. Make sense? I said to the guy just appropriate that iPad to my online order. UNABLE. Soooooo...bottom line is I got my iPad with a very convoluted accounting procedure. For my trouble they gave me the Smart Cover. Next time, I am just having the thing delivered.

12. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

A similar thing happened to me at my local Apple Store. It processed my iPad but the Smart Cover was still waiting. I ended up buying the Smart Cover separately and calling and canceling the other Smart Cover. The Apple rep said a lot of that happened.

13. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I'm curious as to how good the communication is between the website and the actual stores for inventory. I say this because I just checked online to see what the website was saying for a 32 GB WiFi/Cellular Space Gray AT&T Model. The website say in-store pickup is available for November 8. I then called the store directly, and they said they have it in stock, although they are low on that model. She did say they had plenty of the Silver model though. I went back to the website for the silver model and they are showing available for pickup today.

The only thingstopping me from pulling the trigger on driving to the store and picking up is the additional $80 in fuel it would cost me to drive up there and pick some up. It's a 300 mile round trip drive.

14. ZipZap

ZipZap Member
    Silver

I never mix orders. Ipad on a different order from cover.
    Also, the stores felt that they already had your money so they were not concerned with giving pickup priority over walk ins.

I cannot tell if this was an Apple call or store manager...but it did piss be off.

15. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

I ordered from a non-flagship NYC store at 3:10 AM. I got the email stating, it was ready, at 8:46 AM. I was probably there at 9:20 and there were about 2 people ahead of me on the pick-up line. It seemed to be taking about 10-20 minutes per person.

I am not complaining that it was an unbearable experience. But, there were about twentyfive employees manning the personal pickup section of the store and it seemed extremely inefficient. There were zero people on the walk-in line so it was not a heavily trafficked store on a day they had extra staff.

I was just referencing this in my "Apple Survey" last night.