Petition asking Apple to keep headphone jack in iPhone 7 signed by over 200K people

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
If you spend any amount of time following Apple, you've more than likely already heard the rumors that the Cupertino giant is ditching the standard 3.5mm headphone jack when it releases the iPhone 7.

If you're one of those who wants this jack to still be around, you don't have to sit there helplessly anymore.

You can sign SumOfUs.org's petition asking Apple to keep the jack, even though you may not agree with the perhaps exaggerated claim that Apple is doing this "to screw consumers and the planet":

Screen Shot 2016-01-08 at 1.44.22 PM.png

Now, if we could only get a petition going asking Apple not to sacrifice any more battery life for added thinness, we'd be set.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
If you spend any amount of time following Apple, you've more than likely already heard the rumors that the Cupertino giant is ditching the standard 3.5mm headphone jack when it releases the iPhone 7.

If you're one of those who wants this jack to still be around, you don't have to sit there helplessly anymore.

You can sign SumOfUs.org's petition asking Apple to keep the jack, even though you may not agree with the perhaps exaggerated claim that Apple is doing this "to screw consumers and the planet":

Now, if we could only get a petition going asking Apple not to sacrifice any more battery life for added thinness, we'd be set.
"headphone jack " needed a link? I think we all know what a headphone jack is! :D

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
The only way they'll listen if the iPhone 7 is a bust.

A few reasons it could end up not being a bust:

They include the adapter or a pair of Bluetooth earbuds

AND

Battery life is significantly improved, along with stereo sound coming from the extra speaker put in place of the jack

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I like the idea of the Lightening Port only option because it's proven to be such a robust and secure connection. <---sarcasm font

bams50

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 23, 2007
The clip I sought on the news is that they want to do away with not only the port but also the speaker! That better not be true!