petition to investigate AT&T

Mar 29, 2008
Please sign petition for an investigation of AT&T for deceptive businesss practices

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's a pretty vague petition there.

I've been with AT&T a long time and haven't really experienced anything mentioned on those sites.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
I only had a problem with them years ago before cingular was even around.. I think since the merge things are better.. They gave me a hard time saying I had to pay a contract termination fee, when really my contract ended, but once again this was years ago. Funny how I switched to a company that they eventually merged with. Does anyone remember what cingular was called before it was called cingular This topic reminded me of that and I can't think of it now

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
That would be Suncom. I was with them too. Boy,that was back in the day. A lot of members here probably were not even born yet.:laugh2:

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I do think many phone service providers are crooked in billing. The length of time it takes to solve one problem with them over the phone is ridiculous. However, I've never experienced any of the complaints with the employees and the service they provide. I've had many dealings with AT&T in different arenas, but have generally found their customer service to be above average. Which is one of the main reasons I wouldn't sign the petition; it's what they capitalized on. Give me more data on deceptive businesss practices, and I'd think again.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
cingular was soutwestern bell (SBC) before it became Cingular here in Texas

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
I have been with a number if different cell companies over the years and don't find AT&T any worse than others. If you have had a bad experience I would just suggest you do what anyone should do if they receive bad service, take their businesss elsewhere.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
yes I don't know what the deal is with all these reports of AT&T being utter crap. I know several people, family and friends, that are with AT&T and have been for many many years and I just don't see it! They seem happy with their service and the coverage is great statewide, no customer service probs either. I hear more from Verizon and Sprint customers here more than anything. Oh and of course T-mobile for me, which coverage statewide sucks @ss, and one of the main reasons I plan on leaving at the end of the year, psshh and you all thought it was for some stupid phone....:p.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I work for AT&T. If you have any problems, let me know - I will see what I can do. And for the record, I don't believe we have any shady or deceptive businesss practices. Now Sprint on the other hand...

Mar 29, 2008
I Smell A Rat

I work for AT&T. If you have any problems, let me know - I will see what I can do. And for the record, I don't believe we have any shady or deceptive businesss practices. Now Sprint on the other hand...

Not surprising though. If you don't think AT&T trolls forums posing as "happy customers" you are mistaken. Not a surprise at all. Full of LIES!

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
AT&T customer service sucks, reception sucks, TMo is way better... thank god for 24 hr customer care.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
BTW ..was there ever a link for a petition? I ask because i need a good laugh this morning!

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I just received a call from ATT saying that my roaming on partner networks is too high and if my usage isn't curtailed, I will have to find another carrier. I've had service for a year and haven't changed my traveling practices in that time. Has anyone heard of this before?