Phantom Files

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
I just un-synced my music and videos and was told that all files would be deleted from the phone. When I look at the capacity in iTunes, I see that there are 2 songs taking up 3.25gb and 1 video taking up 10mb there is also another category called "other" utilizin 476mb, does anyone know what these files are , how they got there, and how to delete them or restore the phone and not bring them back. When I click the iPod icon, there are no music or video files displayed.

thanks
dennisd

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I just un-synced my music and videos and was told that all files would be deleted from the phone. When I look at the capacity in iTunes, I see that there are 2 songs taking up 3.25gb and 1 video taking up 10mb there is also another category called "other" utilizin 476mb, does anyone know what these files are , how they got there, and how to delete them or restore the phone and not bring them back. When I click the iPod icon, there are no music or video files displayed.

thanks
dennisd
Please - more infos! Are you on a jailbroken iPhone, and what version are you're running? (firmware + iPhone version..)

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
make sure that you check both boxes for music and video. If u did it correctly you should have an movies or music on your iPhone.

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
Please - more infos! Are you on a jailbroken iPhone, and what version are you're running? (firmware + iPhone version..)
No, my phone is not jailbroken and am on sw version 2.2 build 5G77

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
make sure that you check both boxes for music and video. If u did it correctly you should have an movies or music on your iPhone.
I have both boxes for music and videos UN-CHECKED becasue I want to phone clean/empty with not songs or vids on it; that's the problem, iTunes is reporting that I have used capacity for files and vids, but there is nothing showing in my library or in IPOD.

dennisd

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
thanks, guys, for your help!