Phone Activation Server v1.0

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Downer

Mar 11, 2007
Anyone tried this?

"I’ve found a way to activate a brand new unactivated iPhone without giving any of your money or personal information to AT&T NSA. The iPhone does not have phone capability, but the iPod and WiFi work. Stay tuned!"

http://www.nanocr.eu

Downer

Mar 11, 2007
What you need to download:

What you need to do:

"Step 1: Copy file "host" to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (select overwrite the file)

Step 2: Copy iTunes.exe to C:\Program Files\iTunes (select overwrite the file)

Step 3: then all you do is run the Phone Activation Server file first, leave it running and then run

iTunes. now when you plug in your iPhone it will activate automatically in about 60 seconds."

Last edited by a moderator:

hkbeejay

Jun 29, 2007
I've actually spent some time investigating, and had already manually amended the host file, and patched the iTunes file. Figured that the PAS needs to be running and reluctantly plugged in my iBrick, which - presto - had become a WiFi iPod. I'm a happy camper!

EDIT: Couldn't get the iPhone to recognize the Wifi at home. It is an Airport Extreme and I've set it on b/g with no password security. Still the iPhone don't recognize there is a wifi network around. I'll have to go out to the mall to see if it can recognize anything, or if it was a problem with the PAS activation method.

Downer

Mar 11, 2007
I have a question on my mind: Is it possible to activate the iPhone with a Windows PC and then use it with iTunes on my MacBook Pro?

hkbeejay

Jun 29, 2007
I have a question on my mind: Is it possible to activate the iPhone with a Windows PC and then use it with iTunes on my MacBook Pro?
Don't know about PC/MBP arrangement but I activated it using PAS on one PC, then sync'ed the iTunes library from a second (another) PC. There's no reason why the activate on PC, sync on MBP arrangement shouldn't work I guess.

Downer

Mar 11, 2007
Thank you. In other great news:

"Unlocked iPhones coming in one week or less, hacker says

By Sumner Lemon, IDG News Service, 07/04/07

"Hackers may successfuly unlock an iPhone in as soon as three to seven days, according to a representative of one effort that aims to unlock Apple Inc.'s new handset.

"We believe it will be easy. We are privately aware many of the iPhone engineers came from other handset manufacturers, and we understand their design techniques fairly well," said gj, speaking in an interview conducted using IRC (Internet Relay Chat).

(...)

With the activation process cracked hackers turned their focus to unlocking the iPhone, a challenge that is expected to be easier than cracking the activation process.

"Unlocking is a function of the radio and the radio's interaction with the SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) logic, and these are mostly standards based," gj said."

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/070407-unlocked-iphones-coming-in-one.html