Phone all jacked up

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
After downloading 2.0 I have a bunch of problems. First of all, I can place or receive calls. I notice there's no Edge thing next to the AT&T. Someone on my floor has an iPhone and they are getting full signal. This has happened once before, so I'm not all that concerned. Yet.

More importantly, I have none of my songs on my phone after the 2.0 update, but in my settings it's saying that I have no songs or videos but only 3 Gigs available. How can this be? There had to be an error when I upgraded earlier.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Just realized that my phone is like completely bricked. Can't receive or place calls or texts, and can't do anything that involves the internet. It was fine after the 2.0 upgrade and then I did get a phone call earlier this afternoon and it hasn't worked since.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I'm wondering if this is a hardware problem not the software. I've been having a problem with the vibrating switch lately and sometimes I give it a whack on the back to get it working. I wonder if it has come back to bite me in the ass. May be getting the new phone after all.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You could be right, but have nothing to lose by doing a restore.
On second thought maybe a new phone is the best bet. If the switch has been giving you problems, you should be able to get a new(refurb)one.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Does the restore wipe out my contacts and messages and stuff? I've never had to do that. Is it going to put me back to version 1.1 and not 2.0?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You will lose messages. Contacts,music,ect. are backed up on the computer and can be synced back. You should still have V2.0