Phone broken already

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
Today I noticed a delay when I unlocked my phone. I'd slide the icon over and it wouldn't actually move for 3-5 seconds-now the slide is completely broke. When someone calls, not only will it not let me answer the call, but it freezes on the call-it's been ringing for the last 2 hours and I can't stop it.

It won't let me turn the phone off either. I'm going to Apple tomorrow, hopefully I get better customer support than I did the last time I was there.

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
Update: It finally let me slide to turn the phone off, it seems to be working better after a reset, but this is unacceptable. I can't risk having my phone stop working randomly during the day.

Platinum

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Today I noticed a delay when I unlocked my phone. I'd slide the icon over and it wouldn't actually move for 3-5 seconds-now the slide is completely broke. When someone calls, not only will it not let me answer the call, but it freezes on the call-it's been ringing for the last 2 hours and I can't stop it.

It won't let me turn the phone off either. I'm going to Apple tomorrow, hopefully I get better customer support than I did the last time I was there.
A simple restart should resolve this... Hold the power/sleep button along with the home button for about 6-10 seconds.

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
That's all well and good, but that shouldn't be happening on a 600 dollar phone that's 2 weeks old.
Relax. Same thing happened to me. I have the password lock on and it was not letting me slide the unlock so I thought. Actually it was unlocking but just not showing until I hit the home button and then it would mysteriously take me to the home screen. After a reset it has not happened again (7 days ago). I doubt Apple is takeing it back for a trade on a new one...

crane98

Jul 11, 2007
Relax. Same thing happened to me. I have the password lock on and it was not letting me slide the unlock so I thought. Actually it was unlocking but just not showing until I hit the home button and then it would mysteriously take me to the home screen. After a reset it has not happened again (7 days ago). I doubt Apple is takeing it back for a trade on a new one...
I hope this isn't the first series of problems with the touch screen. After extensive use I hope this isn't going to reoccur more often. It's only been 2 weeks...