iPhone 5 Phone Call Reception with iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Zanthe, Sep 26, 2012.

?

How's call reception with iPhone 5?

1. Better

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No difference

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Worse

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple

So how is the phone reception with the new phone?

For those who have the new device and feel phone reception is important please give us your thoughts?
  2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor

I think having a cell phone the reception should be the most important part of it. I have noticed a huge difference over my 4S with clarity, noise reduction, and calls just generally being clearer. I don't use my phone a huge amount for calls but when I do it definitely has been a better experience for me. Just an FYI I have Verizon.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. luvit!

luvit! Member

I'm noticing a static or cutting in/out with my 5. Not sure why! We don't have LTE in my area either, I have shut the LTE off but it did not make a difference.
  5. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member

I also noticed the same thing. I thought I was having problems with my Bluetooth because my dog chewed it up but, I noticed it today too without using the the Bluetooth.
  6. Lon

Lon Evangelist

You mean you can make phone calls on this cute little thing too? :ROFLMAO:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. FFAP1234

FFAP1234 Member

In my case; I can make phone calls but I still don't figure why I have that reception problem (not often) it is as if I were in a magnetic area.
  8. llrickman

llrickman Member

At my house i always have 1 bar 2 if im in the kitchen. Im going to hook back up my micro cell and see if it help. We had real problems with it dropping calls on the 4s im wanna see if its any better with the 5

But overall i think its better now than with my 4s my house is just in a bad spot
  9. wellerp68

wellerp68 New Member

My reception with my 5 sucks with Sprint. I get a lot of dropped calls and limited connection where my AT&T 4 was not having these issues. I need to walk near a window some days to send txt
  10. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

All you needed to say.

Let me guess. Live in Chicago, NY or DC area.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple

Sprint... no good. It's not the phone folks!
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ukilnme

Ukilnme New Member

Who Dat City, LTE is pretty good here, I have noticed the same interference noises every once in a while and about the same amount dropped calls. 4s to a 5 on (AT&T). So the biggest change is the speed of LTE.
  13. iksn

iksn Member

Mostly better reception with a few glitchy problems that may be related to interference at certain places, or might be Aliens........
  14. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot

I've had no problems at all with my iP5 (Sprint) running LTE the call quality is excellent and I have a few less dropped calls than what I had been experiencing with AT&T.
  15. aliens-meme.jpg
  16. wellerp68

wellerp68 New Member

Rugaby, I am inSpringfield VA, short drive from DC. I get limited service with Sprint yet when I was with AT&T, this was not a problem
  17. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius

Again. Key word (and or problem) sprint.
    There is only one reason (IMO) that sprint has unlimited data still. It's to make up for the fact that they have a crappy and unreliable network. Soon as "network vision upgrades" are down throttling will start and no new customers on unlimited data plans.

Of course none of this matters. World ends December 21.
  18. Ah, Springfield, Virginia, where there used to be a really nice mall years ago. I saw "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Jaws" there.
  19. rmfnla

rmfnla Member

Phone reception is the main reason I got the 5. I came off a 4 (not an S) and that was easily the worst cell phone I have ever had!

The 5 is vastly better.

FWIW, I am with AT&T, but I have used them for years with phones from Motorola, Nokia, Ericsson, etc... none was ever as bad as that 4!

Just sold it on the 'bay... good riddance!
  20. rom x

rom x Contributor

well motorola is top dog when it comes to reception. but from i have seen the ip5 does really well for cell calls. tho i have a few friends who say they too get some static with calls. most of them are on att. not sure who's at fault.
  21. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius

I want Sprint soooo bad!

But on topic...I don't think I've used the phone that much to give an opinion if its improved,I don't call much.