phone calls

Agent6

Sep 29, 2008
New Jersey
is there a way to make your number show up private on the iPhone? Also is there a way to block a phone number?

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
There is no special way to do that stuf that I am aware of using the phone itself. So *67 is gonna have to be the answer to having the number show up as private on any phone. You might be able to call AT&T or whoever your carrier is to have numbers blocked.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
is there a way to make your number show up private on the iPhone?
Do you mean so the person you are calling doesn't see it?
If so, settings-phone-show my caller id.
If you set this to no, the receiver of your call will see "unknown".

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Do you mean so the person you are calling doesn't see it?
If so, settings-phone-show my caller id.
If you set this to no, the receiver of your call will see "unknown".
It still shows your number, with that toggled it doesn't show your name.

It shows:

Bill Johnson
(999) 999-9999

Unknown
(999) 999-9999

.. *67 is probably the only way to block your name and number, however keep in mind that *67 does not block your number from a 800 or 900 businesss. They can see who you are with proper equipment.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
It still shows your number, with that toggled it doesn't show your name.

It shows:

Bill Johnson
(999) 999-9999

Unknown
(999) 999-9999

.. *67 is probably the only way to block your name and number, however keep in mind that *67 does not block your number from a 800 or 900 businesss. They can see who you are with proper equipment.
If I toggle show my Caller ID to off, I don't show up on my wife's phone. It just says Blocked.
It's supposed to be the same as *67. If it's showing a number with the name as unknown, then something is wrong.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
If I toggle show my Caller ID to off, I don't show up on my wife's phone. It just says Blocked.
It's supposed to be the same as *67. If it's showing a number with the name as unknown, then something is wrong.
Just to clarify, that's how it works for me as well.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Okay. Thank you everybody!
The iPhone feature mentioned above blocks my phone number from being displayed. AT&T can can provision your account to prevent your number from being displayed also but it will affect all your out going calls. The downside is who even answers blocked calls anymore? No one wants to talk to those pesky telemarketers. Mark

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
LOL --- Also shows me as a different name in the house caller ID. Thought that was pretty funny, I apparently have a recycled phone number.