phone dialer idea

H

Hayesimus

so i know that this may seem stupid to some but i think it would be fun as sort of a novelty iPhone application. How about a ROTARY dialer for the iPhone? like kinda how you slide your finger around on DOCK. well do the same thing for the rotary numbers and have them stop when they get to a certain point and then register that number in the field. i know this would get boring after a while so maybe have toggle button so you can go back to your ordinary dialer pad. but wouldn't it be fun to show someone that. like yeah. the iPhone can even do that...

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
so i know that this may seem stupid to some but i think it would be fun as sort of a novelty iPhone application. How about a ROTARY dialer for the iPhone? like kinda how you slide your finger around on DOCK. well do the same thing for the rotary numbers and have them stop when they get to a certain point and then register that number in the field. i know this would get boring after a while so maybe have toggle button so you can go back to your ordinary dialer pad. but wouldn't it be fun to show someone that. like yeah. the iPhone can even do that...
A guy on ModmyiPhone, who did the retro dialer pad is working on this. I don't have the link but i know someone over there suggested it to him and he said he was working on it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Definitely have the option to toggle but it would be a pretty sweet thing to show some people.

H

Hayesimus

thats what i'm thinking. just for the WOW factor. i mean i don't think i'd use it all the time. if i was in a hurry or something or DRUNK lol i don't think it would be practical but otherwise it would be a novelty app.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
that is what popped into my head immediately upon reading the title of this thread. Ironic... changing from rotary to modern dialpads was a HUGE deal. People were sick of dealing with them. Now we want to use it to show off our "state of the art" iPhones.

H

Hayesimus

i know it ironic. well i mean its like text messaging. like we got the ability to talk with voice to someone across the country on our cell phones but we still send a text, basically a digital telegram lol.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
well, there are benefits to texting. can't say that about a rotary dial, though... unless you just enjoy watching things spin.

H

Hayesimus

*waiting for a stoner to chime in*

H

Hayesimus

so someone has already said they were gonna work on this? any idea who said that? i want an update! lol. itt' ge fun